Two More Dragon 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_5007.JPG100_5009.JPG

I've been waiting for these two to arrive from the US, as I intend to us them to make up a diorama and vignette utilizing some of the other recent builds I've done in the series. One will probably be a Stalingrad set-up and the other East Prussia 1944.

I'll start with the Unteroffizier:

100_5008.JPG

Woo, hoo!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

The first one's ready for paint:

100_5010.JPG

There was not such a good fit between the body halves with this one, so there was a lot of filling and some replacement required of items such as the shoulder boards. On one leg the plastic had not completely filled the mould, so the hole was patched with a sheet of lead foil.

I've swapped the kit document case for a Verlinden Soviet one, as the former was too thick and bound to interfere with the placement of the gun. I also dug out a Kirin helmet as a possible replacement for the field cap.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Used a crane to get moggie of my chair, in for this Peter

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Aw, don't move the poor old moggie on my account Bob! Welcome aboard if you have managed to grab a seat.

These are the other candidates for the first set-up:

100_4959.JPG100_4593.JPG100_4570.JPG100_2522.JPG

I probably won't include the Panzer Lehr in the fourth picture.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Count me in Peter.Our local model shop has started to get 1.16th stuff in like Miniart etc.
Will pull up my Computer chair if Mr.Barnaby gets off it.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Welcome aboard.

Scottie - Ditto, take a seat.

Richard - Local model shop, what's that? There are virtually none of these Dragon 1/16 kits available in the UK now, and some of the Miniart range, like the Romans, are impossible to get hold of. There seem to be quite a lot of the Tamiya kits around, though a couple of the older ones are also unavailable in the UK. I suppose that this scale is not so popular - I can see the day coming when I'm going to be forced to move down to 75mm, though my eyes aren't really up to that. Leave the cat and sit on the floor - I always have to.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
I was told that M.R models in Birmingham stock the Dragon 1.16th stuff mate.Seen some on e.bay,They had a fair few at Euro in May but they are a dear vendor.I will pop in model shop later and see what they have and report back.
Least its bit cooler today buddy.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard - Yes just checked and they have the full range, but unfortunately they only have an eBay shop online, which is no good to me. If you do ever plan to go that way, let me know, and I'll place an order with you (cash via PayPal OK?).

Yes cooler today. Trying to get the mojo together to work, but being back on medication is having a sapping effect. May try to paint the head today.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Mate.
The local hobbyshop had x2 Miniart Napoleonic mounted,One cuirassier and other a trumpeter,Plus they got Revell SWAT figure,Swiss guard,2 Royal guards,Embassy guard U.S marine and a Tamiya waffen ss elite infantry.If you want anyfing from M.R models i could get you some kits as i have paypal account.
Cheers mate.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard

Don't worry. I can get all of those myself - it's just the Miniart Romans and the Dragons I was after. My PayPal account was attacked three times through eBay, so I closed my account - someone was buying pet supplies and baby stuff from businesses in the Southampton area.

Mr Models do have a mail order service so I'll give them a call at some time and order by 'phone.

Many thanks for your offer.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great head, a real sour look, he isn't happy, is he!

Looks like a nice week ahead, it was certainly a very sporty Sunday, nearly something for everyone!

Blood Brothers was excellent, even for Amateur dramatics, its been years since we last went to the theatre.

Another Saturday working this week too.

Hope your meds are getting things settled down again, of all the aches and pains, having eye issues is the most difficult to deal with, for me.

Enjoy the uniform, it looks like a fun challenge, and keep pushing the higher highlights

You know you can do it!

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve - Yep, a nasty Nazi. A nice face to paint, even though I had to stop half way through to feed the baby. Thank goodness the tennis is over - sat down to enjoy a programme about the space shuttle last night when it suddenly switched to tennis - no warning, no apology - b*****ds!

Glad you enjoyed Blood Brothers, sounds like it was a good production.

Meds really giving me gip - really, really tired all the time, and very little modelling mojo.

Ralph - Glad you like him so far.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I like the nasty Nazi. Mean looking. Spent the day at a farm shop/pick your own with the granddaughter. Great fun but I'm exhausted and she is very sticky. Glad I'm not changing tonight's nappy
Jim

• Haha