First Name
Lee
Glad this one’s working out for you Peter it looks very nice

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looking good with the parka, the creasing has certainly taxed your painting skills back into life.

I guess you are back on track and settled with your meds too?

Yet another Saturday at work, 5 weeks seem to fly by!

Anna is hell bent on going to the Museum of Media Science tomorrow to see a 40 foot scale model rocket.

I'd rather try and make one LOL

Looks like another bright week ahead.

Enjoy the paint

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - The lower parts of the hood had virtually no detail, so most of it had to be painted on. The detail is a bit soft on this one.

Jim - Another mini heatwave on the way apparently - definitely won't attempt major painting during that one.

John - Metformin is a killer. I'd forgotten that it takes around a month to get used to - very tired all the time. Also, it's almost impossible to get into the zone when you have a 10 month-old around demanding Granddad's attention. Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Lee - Hopefully should get there with this one. Slowly.

Steve - Five weeks have flown by. The Museum of Media Science sounds interesting - how we covered the Moon Landing and all that. Been really enjoying the BBC 4 series 'Chasing the Moon.' A far more honest and detailed survey of the whole event - Walter Kronkite - '' I heard 'that'ts one small step for man' but the rest was garbled.'' The story of the Apollo 1 disaster was particularly harrowing - cockpit recordings etc.

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
i have no words... as usual you always amaze me... well done..

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Glad this one is working out for you Peter. Lovely work

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Cooler here but hot weather next week. Figure looks superb. Love the back view :smiling: - the hood inside and the equipment. Front is good as well :thumb2:
Jim

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jim

Made the mistake of looking at Planet Figure and saw that Gothicgeek (Mark) was painting this figure. Just superb, and made me feel like giving up. I love the fact that such a talented painter doesn't turn his nose up at cheap kits.

Should get this done before the heatwave hits - we're set for 30+ for most of the week here in Kent. Oh gawd blimey!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Like Jim I think the inside of the hood is stupendous,( it's hard finding different words to say each time you post another great painted figure.
Peter, don't compare your self to anyone , nothing wrong with your techniques or work.
I just wish I could produce a figure 1/10 of the quality.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheers.

John - I don't know why I looked at Planet Figure - I'm always very humbled by the quality of the work there, but it does make me aware of how far I've got to go. I see that as a positive thing though.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's looking very nice indeed Peter. I love how you can create the illusion of texture on clothing, that coat looks so warm and cozy.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Late on parade im afraid.Really nice job on W.SS chappie.Colour choices and smooth brushwork are outstanding.I know Gothicgeek aka Mark and was talking to him at Euro in May.A big guy of 6 foot plus but such a pleasant man indeed.He looked at my stuff on S.ks stand and he said your artwork for Mookies is a high standard.I think that yourself and Mark do a quality finish and never forget how good you are.I wish i could get my sculpts to the standard of your projects.
Pip pip onk onk from Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Mick - Thanks. Wasn't aware that I was creating an illusion of texture - more like crusty paintwork.

Richard - Hi. Mark really inspired me in my early days. He had a looser style then, which I liked a lot. It sounds like he's had some severe health problems that have stopped him working lately, though It looks like he's now on the mend. Glad you like how this one is going.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
Another great figure. I know what you mean its the same with my builds I am happy with what I have done then you look at some of the builds out there and think its time for another hobby lol.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Wind, rain with stormy weather before the sun and heat arrive, here in the North.

I looked at Gothic Geeks work and its OK, different to yours but not better, just different.

Your faces are superb, and I for one am using your Kelly's Heroes 4 as a standard and inspiration for my figure painting.

We all have a part to play in the hobby and in a forum, not just sharing but inspiring.

Another super figure and the parka is a difficult canvas to paint, but it looks the part.

Hopefully you can keep your paints running as the heatwave bites by Wednesday, according to the BBC

Have a good day finishing this one

Regards

Steve H

ps the moon science faire was a worthy distraction from an afternoons modelling

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Always good to have a higher standard to aim for.

Steve - Thanks for your kind words. Interestingly, as I said above, I prefer Mark's older work, which was looser and more painterly - he was the master of letting a single brushstroke tell the story of a crease. His more recent stuff has tightened up, with finer blending, and to be frank, is looking like a lot of other people's work. However, that is way above my standard, and inspiring and worth trying to work towards. I also looked at other work in acrylics, and saw a standard I thought could only be achieved with oils, so it's good to know that there's still a lot I can learn and improve upon.

Not looking forward to the heatwave - I've decided I don't like the extreme heat. I don't think I'll attempt to paint, but will go back to the build of the second Miniart Greek I started (somewhere down on the pre WW1 figures list. Going to build and paint him as a Carthaginian.