Tworrs Westland Lynx Revell 1/32

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Garry well ive built several of these lovely little choppers in my time but none as good as you have done here very well done like richard said plenty of attenshion to detail an you have certaitly mastered that brilliant modeling only hope my seaking will come up as good as i want to fit motors in it
WELL DONE
ATB
Chris b

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry well ive built several of these lovely little choppers in my time but none as good as you have done here very well done like richard said plenty of attenshion to detail an you have certaitly mastered that brilliant modeling only hope my seaking will come up as good as i want to fit motors in it
WELL DONE
Wow Chris that is high praise indeed, thank you.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking good, and very big :smiling3:

Just one question: is the ammo feed supposed to be brass in colour? I would have thought that the thing attached to the gun is a chute that the belt runs through, rather than having a loose belt hanging from the gun like this?

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Looking good, and very big :smiling3:

Just one question: is the ammo feed supposed to be brass in colour? I would have thought that the thing attached to the gun is a chute that the belt runs through, rather than having a loose belt hanging from the gun like this?
Thanks Jakko, yes the ammo belt is painted as indicated by Revell, which is a thin black belt with the brass shells showing either side.
The feed became a real pain in the rear end. It feeds from the top of the ammo box next to the MG into the side of the MG, however no matter what I did I couldn't make it fit, the shape was just wrong. So in the end for sanity sake I installed it to the bottom of the box. Also for some unknown reason the belt was moulded in two sections which are visible in the pic, which made it incredibly difficult to handle and install (it came apart so many times) to the extent that I was in two minds as to whether to even mount the MG at all, as visually it looks shabby.
I went with it in the end :smiling2:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
With sincere thanks to Jakko, who noted the weird ammo belt, and my noted frustration with said belt
:smiling2:
I have come up with a plan B.
By removing the ammo feed, as if the weapon is not loaded, I think reduces the shabbiness of the end result, as well as my irritation .
What do you think?
That is what I like about this forum, the help from fellow members, cheers Jakko.

F2EB9AC2-1394-49D9-BB9F-DB2C29D5AB1A.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Garry leave it be it makes the chopper look good an more detail an its only a model but a very good one in my opinion
chris b

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just a thought - don't know what the instructions suggested but to my mind the ammo box is wrongly orientated. In my experience I 've never seen an ammo feed like that - the rounds are inevitably fed through a path of least resistance ie with the nose of the round facing the breech/barrel opening, this means the ammo box needs to be re-orientated 90 degrees to the left.
Steve

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Just a thought - don't know what the instructions suggested but to my mind the ammo box is wrongly orientated. In my experience I 've never seen an ammo feed like that - the rounds are inevitably fed through a path of least resistance ie with the nose of the round facing the breech/barrel opening, this means the ammo box needs to be re-orientated 90 degrees to the left.
Steve
Thanks for your thoughts Steve, no the feed orientation is correct. The ammo belt feeds out of the top front of the ammo box, and then up and around a conical feed guide which can be seen on the side of the MG.
Cheers
Garry

B2B1AC8B-D44F-4727-9AE6-1ABB0142AF07_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete