Type XXIII U-boat

G

gcladd

I am new to this forum and wanted to inquire about a model (one of 4) I am working on. I have a type XXIII U-boat by 32nd Parallel that I bought before that company went out of business and before marriage could limit my model building budget.

The drawings provided by 32nd Parallel are adequate but lacking in detail. I am trying to get more information regarding the sub's interior and exterior sail configuration. Thought I would see if you guys had any could links or reference sources on this particular U-boat (tons of stuff on type VII's and IX's, but the XXIII is a hard find).

Does anyone make a descent scale static plastic kit of this U-boat, that I could redraw and scale up using CAD software? I have done this with several "work in progress models" that includes a 1/24 Elco 80' PT Boat and a 1/32 Perkasa (Tamiya's kit is awesome for doing this type of work).

G

gcladd

Thanks for your help Chris

The sites are good, but couldn't find any half descent photos showing good details for building (nice type XXI photo though).

I found a plastic model by ICM while browsing that builds to 11" in length and might offer the information I need to detail this model. I will have to see if I can get one in Canada without killing my model budget to import.

Thanks

Greg

R

Roy

Greg hi, these guys do a 1:144 model ....

ICM Holding

ICM HOlding Contact Details Canada...

Name: Borgfeldt LTD

Address: 50 Konrad Crescent

Town: Markham, Ontario L3R 8T4

Phone: +1-905-946-9677

Fax: +1-905-946-9744

Email: borgfeldt@idirect.com