Typhoon TK-17 based on Engel's Kit

W

Wis

Guest
That's all, I post all photo of this project since last post from me :music_too

If you want any explain about don't hesitate to ask ^^
 
W

Wis

Guest
New task was done on my shipyard yesterday. New leak and bubbles hunt and I found a new source of bubbles...

On this picture, we seeing the result of repair. I proceeded with same method than before, drilling + filling the hole with resin and microballooon. I'm waiting to get dry before retest.

Then, I decided to remove external part of bow thruster. This is a really piece of Sh...t !

I will remake a new one If during her first sea trial she has some problems to do some manoeuver. I keept motor in place, perhaps I will need him later...

After that, I was occupied by port reactors inlet. Engel put them on really wrong localization. This is a very difficult task because, there is two possible positions and Due the fact that i don't have any photos of TK-17 in dry dock, so I put them like TK-20 but...

Localization is correct, now I must proceed with grids.. that will be Rock n' Roll !
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
8
Points
0
First Name
Heiko
Hi Wis

THX a lot. It seems that U will be the M A S T E R !!!!!!!!!

Hold on!:respect4::respect4::respect4::respect4::respect4::respect4:

Heiko
 
W

Wis

Guest
I tried to improve as much as I can my models

I'm glad if my work help you or give you much motivation to build your own model !

:regards:
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
8
Points
0
First Name
Heiko
Hi Wis, toooo shy:smile1:

Two questions

Will you comment this workload of photos?

Where did you got the aluminium linkage execution http://www.subressources.net/ImagesRotators/Vig/TK-17/TK-17_-(384).jpg

Rgds

Heiko
 
Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wis

Guest
:strong:

euh well, edit seems to be noty possible so ask me question like you did and I will try to anwser ;)

the "Kabelverschraubung" (presse-étoupe, sorry english-people I don't know the word in your language... rusty I'am) were done with Metalworking lathes by me; thereis two Drive Shaft Sealing Ring 4-11-6 and one ball bearing on it :
 
Last edited:
W

Wis

Guest
Today on my shipyard, reactor cooling exhaust !

First, make a large hole on hull were i'll put a grid...

Horizontal pieces...

Inside, some rigid structure to obtain an stronger structure..

vertical pieces wil be add later
 
W

Wis

Guest
today, end of work of reactor exhaust grids

Inside, there is still some work to do to get a better looking... just another sanding session :P

After sending hull, there is much better looking !

Globaly, I'm pretty happy, that look not bad ! Of course before painting this models will require a lot of corrections ! :thinking:
 
M

Mankster

Guest
I dont check in here often as I follow your build elsewhere, but once again a superb build and modifications to the original. You've raised the bar so much I bet you have put a few people off build an Engel Typhoon kit! :respect2:
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
8
Points
0
First Name
Heiko
Totally agree! :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Heiko
 
W

Wis

Guest
Well... i'm blushing

Anyway...Today, I continu to add details on port side on the upper hull. Handrail, bolar...etc

Drilling on starbord side, now sanding do fit with grid's size
 
Top