Tyres Container Haul

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Looking at the pictures, I had to keep reminding myself this is a model. The realistic finish on this is not almost perfect, IT IS perfect!!
To get plastic to this finish making someone disbelieve their eyes is truly remarkable.
Kind regards Dave. Appreciate the comments and support you all have given me. I always believe a truck should look the part and not just look like a show truck.

I just love real world look on any model.

D

Deleted member 3568

As always a pleasure to see a masters finished work (although I know your secret (its a real truck)) just haven't figured out how you do the backgrounds.

0ne48thtel

I can't add anything to what has already been said but if I could get one of my builds to look half as realistic as this I would be happy. top marks on an excellent build Charles.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
As always a pleasure to see a masters finished work (although I know your secret (its a real truck)) just haven't figured out how you do the backgrounds.
Hahaha! Oh hell! The secrets out now. Thanks a lot!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
I can't add anything to what has already been said but if I could get one of my builds to look half as realistic as this I would be happy. top marks on an excellent build Charles.
You can and will. The process used is easy. Just a matter of getting it right.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
\ said:
Thanks a lot. The models are actually old models that i had built a long time ago and had used them in another diorama. I just gave them a make over. So the actual make over took a couple of days to do.
Well you've certainly done a cracking job in two days! its nice to do a restoration type build once in a while :smiling3:

Cheers,Ben

First Name
Charles
Sure does Ben. I was not totally satisfy with the original builds so I decided to spice them up a bit.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That is a superb build Charles. Very nicely weathered and dusted, your build has achieved a life-like look.

First Name
Charles
Thank you gents. With these comments it seems I have appealed to your taste. Thanks for the support everyone.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Excellent weathering!!

First Name
Charles
I finally got the tires into the container. 163 tires to be exact. Thanks to all my fellow modelers from around the world who donated most of the tires.

I also added the twist locks to the underside at all four corners of the container to hold them in place. I made some few changes of the placement of the wheels and did some minor painting and slight weathering. I also moved the tractor slightly forward away from the trailer to show more of the fifth wheel.

So I hope you all approve of the final look as I am calling this done.

scrap_tire_redux19_zpsjiwxo6jk.jpg

scrap_tire_redux16_zps7utey9ov.jpg

scrap_tire_redux17_zps1krykeb6.jpg

scrap_tire_redux14_zpspxuuhaqn.jpg

scrap_tire_redux13_zpsn7pyhwao.jpg

scrap_tire_redux12%20-%20Kopia_zpsjqdvorhq.jpg

scrap_tire_redux15_zpsvmiehena.jpg

scrap_tire_redux8_zpso1wtaizj.jpg

scrap_tire_redux2_zps3dxsysl4.jpg

scrap_tire_redux3_zps4tpnu7tq.jpg

scrap_tire_redux7_zps33bsfgu0.jpg

scrap_tire_redux6_zps0kgk7f2x.jpg

scrap_tire_redux5_zpsbxjs8eoi.jpg

scrap_tire_redux4_zpswn5gyt7r.jpg

scrap_tire_redux10_zpshkdwwjy2.jpg

scrap_tire_redux11_zpsxiasalb6.jpg

scrap_tire_redux9_zpspmvrssy5.jpg

F

Fenlander

Very nice Charles, the fifth wheel looks as realistic as you can get, don't think I have seen better. The whole thing is superbly weathered. Hope you are posting this on the truck forums, you would make a lot of 1/24 truckers very happy seeing it.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks superb.

One careful attentive owner. :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Very nice Charles, the fifth wheel looks as realistic as you can get, don't think I have seen better. The whole thing is superbly weathered. Hope you are posting this on the truck forums, you would make a lot of 1/24 truckers very happy seeing it.
Thanks. Do you have any particular truck forum in mind?