U.S.S Flasher pictures

N

noble

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work Scott, looks like she's had a hard life matey.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good looking boat Scott. Certainly been on a few patrols. Nicely weathered.

I got me one of these 1/72 subs middle of last year from Modelzone when they were 50% off...I paid £29.99. instead of £60, which I wouldn't pay anyway!

It's a monster of a kit, coming in at something around 4ft isn't it? I ask 'cos mines still in the box winking at me as I type this out. lol

Ron

P

phalinmegob

nice job scott, i have one of these to do as well,when it is done we could have a little convoy up the mersey.hope i can get mine to loook as good as yours. have you seen the one built up in the window in modelzone liverpool.that inspired me to buy one,now yours is pushing me to actually open the box

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done. Unlike the rest of them there's no chance of me attempting anything like that but I've certainly enjoyed having a look at yours,a real beauty.

Cheers

Steve

N

noble

Thank you gents for the very generous comments i appreciate it loads, for those who still have theirs in the box it builds up nice no problems very little filler used. The only detailed section of the build is the coning tower but again no probs, as a suggestion paint the hull before attaching the coning tower as i did it the other way around which made it a little more difficult. Andrew i also saw the one in modelzone which is what prompted me to build mine, thanks again chaps.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
nice job scott, i have one of these to do as well,when it is done we could have a little convoy up the mersey.hope i can get mine to loook as good as yours. have you seen the one built up in the window in modelzone liverpool.that inspired me to buy one,now yours is pushing me to actually open the box
All this talk has just made me look in the box...I swear it chuckled at me, it's huge!

The box lid is back on now. I might have a peep again in a couple of months.....

Ron

N

noble

\ said:
All this talk has just made me look in the box...I swear it chuckled at me, it's huge!The box lid is back on now. I might have a peep again in a couple of months.....

Ron
Go on Ron DIVE IN mate lolol ..sorry i'll get my coat now.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yet another beautifully finished kit!

D'you live in some sort of mansion young Scott? I only ask 'cos you've made so many big kits I wonder where you manage to keep 'em!

Gern

PS Tell you what Ron, you've made such a good job of your Dauntless - which is way out of your normal 'comfort zone' - I think you ought to have a go at one of your favourite things: a diorama. Why not use some of that pebbled glass you see on Scott's table to make the sea for your Gato? :lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi scott, great job mate, nice staining. But come on! who thought that calling it uss FLASHER was a good idea!!!!LOL see you at cosford matey, cheers tony