U69 pictures

C

CDW

\ said:
Scott's posted that in the Tutorials section Ian.
errr ok, thanks Patrick ....... i shall now exit looking rather stupid ......

..... nowt new really :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
errr ok, thanks Patrick ....... i shall now exit looking rather stupid ...... ..... nowt new really :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Don't be silly! I nearly missed it myself! I've asked Scott if he can add some pics to the tutorial to make it clearer.

B

Bunkerbarge

There have been a numnber of superb builds of this kit on here and this is another cracker. Here is my own surface runner attempt a few years ago that still occassionally sees the pond on a Sunday morning and still gives a lot of satisfaction:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/under-construction/2410-revell-1-72nd-type-vii-u-boat.html

N

noble

Nice job richard mate i have no skill wiyh electrics at all and would probably fry myself.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Don't be silly! I nearly missed it myself! I've asked Scott if he can add some pics to the tutorial to make it clearer.
Sorry patrick i just realised that i forgot to do the photos whilst i was painting, but if there is anything you need to ask please feel free.. sorry folks a great big oversight on my behalf.

scott

D

dubster72

\ said:
Sorry patrick i just realised that i forgot to do the photos whilst i was painting, but if there is anything you need to ask please feel free.. sorry folks a great big oversight on my behalf.scott
No worries Scott, it's not always easy taking photo's as you work ; I often get right into it & forget! What I was thinking was using the pics you already have & adding a graphic ( just an arrow ) to illustrate each stage as you describe it in your tutorial.

Obviously it's a big ask, but I thought it might help the less experienced guys?

Cheers

Patrick

A

AJay

That's a beautiful U-boat model, and even some crew members! It looks like it's really been on some long, tough voyages with all that great weathering. 5*****

C

Caledonia

Hi Scott, love the model, the weathering has been really well done. 5 Star from me. Cheers Derek

N

noble

\ said:
No worries Scott, it's not always easy taking photo's as you work ; I often get right into it & forget! What I was thinking was using the pics you already have & adding a graphic ( just an arrow ) to illustrate each stage as you describe it in your tutorial.Obviously it's a big ask, but I thought it might help the less experienced guys?

Cheers

Patrick
Hi Patrick if you can tell me how to do that then that is a great idea but as iam not great with the whole computer knowledge thing you might have to walk me through it.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

Scott, the electrics for basic propulsion and steering for a model such as this are relatively straightforward so if you ever fancy having a go just ask what is required. You'd be surprised at how simple it is to motorise such a model. The buzz you get from watching your model sail realistically across the water will really put a smile on your face.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The pictures of this U Boat are excellent but..........

I have had the pleasure of seeing this superb build close up, when Scott brought it to the model show mentioned in an earlier thread from Andy (phalinmegob) and believe me no photos could ever do this model justice.

Nice one Scott.

Ron