Uhtred of Bebbenburg

P

Paul P

Hi all

Just finished this, I bought this at Euro last year from Mitches Miniatures, if youve read any of Bernard Cornwalls books its supposed to be Uhtred of Bebbenburg. I bought it because i likes the subject and the pose, there are though a few things not quite right, the left arm is to long and the shield is to big, other than that its a nice kit. If your at the war and peace show this coming weekend in Folkestone this will be on Mitches Miniatures stand

all for now

Paul

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That's brilliant Paul, and I'll echo Polux, love the tartan.

Tony.

C

CDW

Awesome, and surprisingly similar to how I pictured him in my mind when I read the Saxon series, you've managed to capture that pagan rebel look perfectly! The paintwork is stunning Paul.

Just might read the series again see in this, and if anyones not familiar with Cornwells work then he's the guy that gave us "sharp":smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Absolutely brilliant Paul. Polux, inspiration for your tartan Spitfire?

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
As usual .............. Absolutely brilliant work Paul.

Don't you ever get it wrong ?????

Peter

P

Paul P

Cheers guys, Pete ive got it wrong so many times ive lost count, but the beauty of our hobby is that if it goes wrong you can re do it, i look at some of my older figures and think i could paint them better now, trouble is id never get anything new done :bounce:

Paul

First Name
Andy
Hi Paul,

I have to agree with everyone else, your paint work is stunning, I love the details and artwork you have done on the shield...

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Totally and utterly wonderful to see things like this come alive through a real talent.

Si:smiling3:

P

Paul P

Andy just be careful you dont shake it or all the colours will mix ;)

Paul

S

Sky Raider

Lol, top marks mate, that was a hell of a tartan paint job.

H

Harry Labanville

I can claim to have read all the BC books about Uhtred apart from the new one that's out, The Pagan Lord ,just in time for Christmas.

Easy reading and can always be guaranteed a highly descriptive good punch up either in the middle or at the end.

(My fav is Azincourt, just is,his attention to detail is awesome like being on the battle field and you get cut short ,so you go where you stand along with all the others, nice).

I see that Uhtred and Bodacca go to the same tailor or would it be weaver.

Your figure is well painted as ever and it depicts a mean ,mad and moody warrior of old times.

Maybe that's why they wore skirts in those days .so they could have a quick go before a battle.

Off to download Blood of Kings now you have inspired me onto the wife,s Kindle.

Now there's an ensuing battle coming up. Its mine.yes but I paid for it.

Keep up the good work and get back to Bodi we wait with baited breadth and sharpened eyes that we may see the culmination of a master piece in the transition of its life (shades of BC).

Last edited: