Unbuilt kits,,,

First Name
Jimbob
doing a bit of spring cleaning I decided to sort through my stash of kits thinking I had about 30-35 kits oh dear how wrong was I. Finding kits everywhere I eventually got to a total of108 I reckon if I stop paying now I should be able to take some to the care home with me. Then again it's Perth ipms next week and I'm already planning what I need !!!

Jim

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I haven't counted my unmade kits, but they fill most of the lower part of an old kitchen cabinet

Last summer I estimated that at my present rate of construction I had enough to last me till 2084 or 2085

I'm 65...

First Name
Jimbob
We always seem to justify buying more and we never feel satisfied to just have a few unbuilt kits.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have way to many kits but will this stop be buying more. Not a chance:smiling3: ;) :smiling3:

There investments!!!!!! Aren't they :rolleyes::eek: :P

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
There investments!!!!!! Aren't they :rolleyes::eek: :P
i think of it as spending the grandkids inheritance before i snuff it and they get their hands on it :P

my problem is i cant pass up on a bargain.....but i have slowed down considerably.....ive only bought 5 kits so far this year and they are all cos i need them for a gb somewhere and i dont have anything suitable in the stash

Last edited by a moderator:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Iv put the brakes on with buying kits as i have approximately 40 i seem to be buying more books of late plus with my British armour theme there are not a lot of kits coming out at the moment .

T

tommy1drop

Oh where do I start:oops: I have a room called the "room of doom" this is filled with lots and lots of different coloured plastic, all in different coloured boxes:rolleyes:

And like magic... this room, is getting fuller and fuller, and no matter how many times I go in it, there always seems to be in a new kit in there:eek:

And no matter how many times I keep telling myself "no more" those kits keep appearing, I think I'm going through a " mid life crisis":D

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's the hunter/gatherer in us, a human trait. We hunt in the model shops/internet and store them in dark caves so no one can get them.

First Name
Jimbob
I haven't counted model railway stuff have 11 locomotive kits in 1/76 oo scale and at last count 5 1/43 o gauge loco kilts plus countless coaches and wagons in both scales. Don't think I'll ever learn.

Jim

P

phikoleoputra

I even got an excel spreadsheet for my stash, good for keeping track the stash lol.

D

Deleted member 3568

I like to think of it as preserving the past, I mean how many kits we built as kids are still avaliable, I think of it as an historic service, when I'm gone a museum will be glad of them.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I think we must all be familiar with the expression - yer eyes are bigger than yer belly

F

Fenlander

I have loads in the stash that include a lot of old Revell ship kits that may or may not get built. As I retire later this year, this stash is like the desperate edge of my pension fund for times when I just cannot afford to buy kits. However, I will have time to learn other modelling skills like diorama building so some of the ship kits will come in for developing seascapes and other kits I don't know why I bought could become abandoned or wrecked vehicals.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I even got an excel spreadsheet for my stash, good for keeping track the stash lol.
i used to have but gave up on it

since every forum has a 'look at what i just got' thread i always take a picture of what i have just acquired

i have a folder on the laptop called stash and put the pic in there.........sub folders for cars, bikes, armour, planes, everything else.....when something gets built the pic gets deleted...........useful since my stash is in the loft out of the way, easy to see what there is

just had an add up...........currently 131 kits in there! :eek:.............ive actually reduced the amount.....there was over 200 two years ago :P

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
i used to have but gave up on it
since every forum has a 'look at what i just got' thread i always take a picture of what i have just acquired

i have a folder on the laptop called stash and put the pic in there.........sub folders for cars, bikes, armour, planes, everything else.....when something gets built the pic gets deleted...........useful since my stash is in the loft out of the way, easy to see what there is

just had an add up...........currently 131 kits in there! :eek:.............ive actually reduced the amount.....there was over 200 two years ago :P
Holy cow!!!!