"UNOFFICIAL" kids toy remodelling build thread

P

phalinmegob

right guys,as per my previous posts, this thread can be for your toy builds. the premise is easy,take one childs toy and use all your modelling skills to make it look like a proper model,dont care what it is as long as it was obvious as being a toy and not a model at the start.shall we say a build time of six months with before and after pictures.you can use some kit parts if you wish as long as the underlying work is mostly the toy..

here is what i am working with to start us off

View attachment 37047View attachment 37048View attachment 37049

come on and join in.

View attachment 41256

View attachment 41257

View attachment 41258

P051211_22.05.jpg

P051211_22.06.jpg

P051211_22.06_[01].jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Mmmmm, interesting.

This is really thought provoking idea. Especially with all the toys that will be left over after Xmas.

I'll have a look around, see what I can find and get back to you.

Tony.

S

SteveKeith

I'm going to try and find some toys to use tommorrow, I'll post some pics aswell

P

Polux

Hi Andrew!

Nice choisse!! I see this little rebolt will give me much work... I will look for some think.

Have fun!!

Polux

Ps: Mr "moderator" (Andrew) the new post, we have to publish under yours? It's free topic?

P

phalinmegob

you can start your own thread if you wish, just title it begining with UNNOFFICIAL so we can keep track off them. look forward to seeing what you can find.

C

CDW

I'm in !!!

I'm looking !!!

Your toy jets quite cool as it is eh Andrew !!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Ok, the car boot sale it is then.

No kids/grandkids to nick from, so I'll have to buy my own toys.:grinball2:

Week on Sunday, here I come.

Tony.

P

phalinmegob

if you go past any charity shops, nip in, you will be surprised what you can find in some of them.look forward to seeing what you can pick up.

P

phalinmegob

made a start on this by taking it to pieces and removing all of the kiddie bits including leds for the flashing afterburners and speakers for the very unconvincing jet engine roar.looking at the basic toy this may be a bit tougher than i first thought. the pretend panel lines are half a mile wide so filling them will be next order of buisness......come on guys, havnt any of you found any fun toys yet.

P

Polux

Hi Andrew!!

I have looked for different toys and there is none that I like much. You allow me to do a transformation like I did with the "Pink Panther"?? These are two models that I don't need, I have repeated, to scale 1/18 of metal. I was thinking to transform in a military vehicle or my great dream from I was young... a Land Rover "Camel Trophy", still I remember that "yellow car" crossing the mud and more mud...

If not, don't worry,no problem, I will continue searching!!

I will not make you alone in this!!

Regards

Polux

View attachment 37534

View attachment 41682

P1010104.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Couldn't get to boot sale so had a look in the local pound shop for insparation.

I found a toy F22 Raptor, but haven't got it yet, GF thinks Christmas is more important ?

So after the yule season is over i'll be popping in to pick it up, if it's still there.

If not I'm sure I'll find something else.

Tony.

P

phalinmegob

sounds good tony. polux,it really needs to be a toy that we are using rather than a model conversion, but i am sure an other build will be along soon that you could use these on.

P

Polux

\ said:
sounds good tony. polux,it really needs to be a toy that we are using rather than a model conversion, but i am sure an other build will be along soon that you could use these on.
Not problem Andrew.

I will continue searching! I found a military truck of "Indiana Jones" very interesting and nice. If I don't find anything I will go for it.

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Andrew like the start on the typhoon but just wanted to let you know i'm still looking for the toy i want and will join in when i get it

P

phalinmegob

no problems mate plenty of time, on hold myself at the moment with christmas and four kids,been wrapping for two nights solid.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Andrew, Couldn't find the F22, it had disappeared, but I found this instead.

View attachment 38734

It's pound shop fodder, so will require detailing plus decals.

Ekk ! don't know how I'm going to do this but should be fun.

And if I cock it up it's no real loss.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Tony.

View attachment 42795

camera 010.jpg

P

phalinmegob

looks great, i have not done much to mine yet, finding out that kids toy plastic is a lot harder to work on than model kits.must be made tougher to stop kids destroying them in five minutes. .

D

Deleted member 81

Hi Gent's, This is a Remco 727-200 the scale is unknown I've been working on it on and off for a few years. the toy came out in the early 60's and it was powered by four D size battery's and would move under it's own power it also had jet sound. the toy works as new I have converted it to a FED/EX cargo carrer, I have added landing lights port and starbord wing lights rotating becon lights and nav strobe timed to the real 727-100 I scratch built all the glass work and cut all of groves for the flaps there are a few more parts to make. this is her final prime to check for any inperfections. Regards Glenn

View attachment 44240

View attachment 44241

View attachment 44242

View attachment 44243

View attachment 44244

727 100 remco fp 010.jpg

727 100 remco fp 011.jpg

727 100 remco fp 009.jpg

727 100 remco fp 007.jpg

727 100 remco fp 004.jpg

Last edited: