"UNOFFICIAL" kids toy remodelling build thread

D

Deleted member 81

Thank you Ole, but I got to tell you, I will be very happy indeed when I'm finnished with this build, because of the size of this monster. I haft to work on it out side and yesterday it started raining I got it inside in time but do to it's size it's hard too work around. I spend more time standing over it and eye balling it then sitting in front of it LOL I have two of these 727 toys and I'm not sure I'll do the other one. or even want to The other large model is the five foot long debore seaview which is two colors and no sharp lines or cruves, painting the remco 727 has to be done all by line of sight there is nothing on this bird that is the same, one wing is longer then the other one. one is wider, It's fine as a toy but not as a scale build not to mention it uses up alot of supplys. I've vented I'm ok now LOL. regards Glenn

Last edited:
M

mobear

well for all the pain its causing you are still laughing about it,so in the long run the end will be a celebration,and so far i can see no problems with the paint job its amazing,maybe you should audition for `pimp my ride`as the paint job is flawless by the pictures lol

mobear

D

Deleted member 81

Ole It's not the paint job causing me pain in fact I'm very pleased with how It's turn'ed out so far, but as a modeler the longer you work on a build the grater the chance of messing it up, and I'm long over do on this one LOL, over the corse of thie build I've hit door jambs,walls knocked parts off dented it chip paint because of It's size and wing spand I've even hit the planter on the table were I work on it outside turning it from side to side all repairable, but just today I was looking at something on the plane and held it up to the light right in to the ceiling fan LOL, no damage but my heart was in my throat. I'm at final paint and every time I move it I risk dammage it I got to look were I'm walking and watch the plane at the same time up and down stairs around corners thru doorways just to work on it a (gauntlet if you will )and that what drIving me nuts on this one LOL I'm at (failsafe) Glenn

Last edited:
M

mobear

well hurry up and finish it lol,the wife is intrigued with this one,even she is now waiting for finished project hahahaha

mobear

D

Deleted member 81

Too funny Ole, I'll get right on it LOL. Regards Glenn

First Name
Charles
Unfortunately I have already done kid's toys transformation, so I guess I cannot post them here. ;)

D

Deleted member 81

Hi Charles, why not? you can post it hear that what this thread is for. Glenn

Last edited:
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Hi Charles, why not? you can post it hear that what this thread is for. Glenn
OK. Here is my contribution. My two kid's toy transformation

I always like to experiment with all types of models. And toy subjects are no exception. I picked these up at a local super market and dug my hands into them. Here are the results:

Caterpillar Roller CB224E:

Before pics:

WIP pics:

First Name
Charles
Volvo L220E Front Loader. Sorry, no WIP pics but here is a description of what I had done:

The basis for the model is a 1/32 toy-like remote control from NewRay(never heard of them before) Naturally, there were many mistakes and inaccuracies on this vehicle when I bought it. Quite understandable as it wasn't meant to be a a collectible item but merely a simple toy for kids around the age of 5-7 years of age. My interest was to build a wheel loader after seeing Mig's version but didn't want to spend the amount they were asking for the model(yes, I know...cheap person ;) )

Anyhow, I wasn't too fond of the look of Mig's version, as I wanted something more

heavy-looking. Since there weren't anything in kit form, especially in 1/35 scale, I decided to look at other alternatives. So I was out grocery shopping and spotted this toy-like wheel loader. I stopped and looked at it and my mind started as usual sketching out the design aspects. I noticed it was not much of a model with not detailing what-so-ever, and a remote control toy at that. So I forgot about it, although I took noticed of the name of this particular model brand and decided I'll do a search on the net, just for the hell of it.

Doing an INTERNET search for this particular vehicle brand version I noticed I would have to do an extreme modification of the toy wheel loader if I wanted a nice representation of the real wheel loader. So after many days of contemplation and preparation I decided to buy the toy and go to work on it. Like I mentioned before, I did a reasonable amount of re-construction and refurbishing to get it to look like a descent enough model to be displayed. I had to remove all the remote devices and spokes motors and what-nots from within the toy loader. All sealed-up

openings had to be cut out as well as other areas had to be cut out like on the real vehicle. Some parts were removed and new scratch built pieces were used in it's place. It was a good bit of work but the results was all worth it.

All grab-irons, hydraulic hoses, pipings, antennae, wipers, support window braces, hinges, side view mirrors support braces, air intake, step grills, mud guards, rear view mirror and a drag hook were all scratch built.

Since I wanted a military version look I decided to paint it green and added all the necessary details like the strobe light and antennae. I think the end result really stands out than the original toy-like wheel loader. Now, this particular model is the L220E Wheel Loader manufacture by Volvo. I personally have no idea if this particular model exist in military colors but regardless if one exist or not, it does look good wearing the military color scheme, for sure.

This is the 1/32 scale Volvo L220E Wheel loader. Took me 6 days to get the results you see in the pics.

Before pic:

Nuvarande bilderna:

First Name
Mike
Those are both brilliant, Charles, your results look better than I've seen on some high-end resin models.

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Thank you Ole, but I got to tell you, I will be very happy indeed when I'm finnished with this build, because of the size of this monster. I haft to work on it out side and yesterday it started raining I got it inside in time but do to it's size it's hard too work around. I spend more time standing over it and eye balling it then sitting in front of it LOL I have two of these 727 toys and I'm not sure I'll do the other one. or even want to The other large model is the five foot long debore seaview which is two colors and no sharp lines or cruves, painting the remco 727 has to be done all by line of sight there is nothing on this bird that is the same, one wing is longer then the other one. one is wider, It's fine as a toy but not as a scale build not to mention it uses up alot of supplys. I've vented I'm ok now LOL. regards Glenn
I'm in awe of what you're doing with this Glenn, it looks nothing like the toy you started with and although you know its faults and shortcomings, I doubt anyone else will by the time you've finished. Can I ask where you got your dry-transfers made?