"UNOFFICIAL" kids toy remodelling build thread

P

phalinmegob

looks brilliant glenn, i have virtually ground to a halt with mine after realising it is a lot harder to do than i thought but it still in the corner on the bench. plenty of work to do on it yet but it is a wierd type of plastic. will get there in the end.you have done a really great job on yours.

D

Deleted member 81

Hi Andrew, what kind of trouble are you having with it? do you have any photos. Glenn

D

Deleted member 81

Last edited:
P

phalinmegob

looking great glenn well done,cannot wait to see her finished.. i have had a calamity with mine which ultimatly means it is going in the bin,one of the wings was bent upwards(presumably by the child that owned it before me) so i put it in front of a heated for a few minutes to warm it up so as to bend it down a bit.after five minutes it was not warm so i turned the heater up and went to make myself a cup of tea...the rest you can guess for yourself. now looking for something else to convert

D

Deleted member 81

Sorry to here that Andrew, well luck with the next one Glenn

D

Deleted member 81

Thank you Ole, being a yank from across the pond what dose mate mean? Glenn

M

mobear

ooppsss sorry for that,i tend to use mate alot,saves time on my part,will not use it no more

mobear

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
It means mate a british term for friend Glenn .Richy
LOL pretty stuped of me not to get that!, thanks for keeping me up to speed on the lingo Richard "good show old bean bloody good show" Ole no harm no foul mate nothing wrong with the making new friends, I use the term "my friend" all the time so no worrys mate. Regards Glenn

M

mobear

how the hell did you get such a crisp paint line?its very very good

mobear

D

Deleted member 81

Hi Ole,thank you, I used 6mm yellow tamiya tape for the fuselage and tail, and for the intake caps I used 4mm wide rubber bands just a little smaller then the nacelles, then made a L shape gage to push the rubber band in to place so it would be uniformed all the way round the nacelles then applied tape over th back side of the bands to cover what was not to be painted. Glenn

Last edited: