Unsure Golden hind creation

B

BigBob16

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been modelling for years now but recently i built a variation on the Golden Hind i am not really happy with. I was tempted to repaint the whole thing but then i didnt know if it looked rugged in an old ship type of way. This is my first unsure creation for years. I could use some help guys.

Thanks

20160812_144541.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Adam. I'm no ship expert but your work looks clean and tidy to me. I don't think it needs repainting, but it could do with a matt or flat varnish to dull the paint work down. You could also add some staining and a dark 'wash' to pick out the details before you flat varnish it. Can't suggest much for the sails as the photos don't really show them. If you look at other builds on here you will see how other builders add staining and effects to their sailing ships to create an aged and used look. Sorry I can't be of more help, someone with more knowledge and experience will help soon no doubt. Nice job though, it looks good.

B

BigBob16

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have taken your words on board an will use them on my ship. Thanks friend.

N

noble

This looks good so far, iam sure I used to have this kit when I was younger who makes it?

D

Deleted member 3568

It looks fine to me, as Joe said a few washes and some mat varnish and it will be great, I see nothing really wrong with it, would be nice to see a few more pics of it. As for the sails, as Joe said can't really see them but, I don't know what paint you use I use enamels and the white spirit I clean my brushes in I use that to stain the sails with (if you check my royal sovereign build out you will see what I mean) oh and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net.