Update on the S100 build and a deep delve into the Slapton sands disaster.

tigertc

Builder of sheds
SMF Supporter
First Name
Terry
I tried to post this last night but, Youtube decided to give me a copyright strike for using 10 seconds of barely audible background music!!! Ive redone the video without the music so should be ticketyboo now :smiling3:
If you've seen the first video where i assumed my propshaft woes were due to grease melting the shaft seals. I was totally wrong! The grease i had used although it was car grease did not melt anything. The sticky goo was just the grease, which only get viscose at temperature. As it was car grease, i should have realised. The main problem was the central motor. Cheap, Chinesium 540 that i had ripped out of a broken toy car! This had blown/seized and was drawing most of the current from the speed controller, pulling all of the motors down. AS soon as i took the central motor out of the circuit. The outer Tamiya motors went off like a rocket!!!
Also realised that the cyano i used to secure the propellers had turned to dust, so reattached them using stronger stuff. With the shafts being scratch built with no threads at each end , i'm guessing this will always be a problem.

(If you want to see the video, go to my other post in general, i cant post it here due not being totally about the build. its in my youtube channel, video section)

Last edited: