Ian
Looking rather good. Those front forks look a bit iffy though :laughing:

Ian M

M

mark stonham

I'm still considering how to atatch the front wheel and breaks to it lol

J

JFJ

Looking very good Mark. Never done a bike before so looking forward to seeing the progress of everyone

M

mark stonham

Hi to all you modellers hers this weeks update. Iv have had problems this week I sprayed the tank in my shed as IV done with the rest of the bike. im using a box as a spray booth :smiling: anyway i sprayed the tank and i was very happy with the out come. i then left it for 2 days in the mean time i sprayed the rad and stand. now’s the time to lacquer the tank first coat looked good so left it when i went back yes my night mere was here the tank had gone spotty so i phoned my brother ho sprays real bikes as a hobby he said it might be to damp in the shed give it one more coat and use the lamp on my maglamp so i did and it worked so one more coat and back under the lamp. and here is the result with a matt lacquer.

View attachment 24740View attachment 24738View attachment 24737View attachment 24739

View attachment 31063

View attachment 31064

View attachment 31065

View attachment 31066

P2030040.jpg

P2030037.jpg

P2030036.jpg

P2030038.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Don't know a thing about model motorcycles but that looks really nice. Lovely paint job.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi mark, im another one who doesnt know anything about motorbikes, But i DO know a superb build when i see one. This is excellent , it looks totally real - Top job!! Cheers tony

B

Bunkerbarge

That really does look the business. Lovely finish and very realistic detail. You could take a shot of that against an outdoor background and you would be hard pushed to not think of it as real.

Great job.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
nice finish mark did you say that was your first build cause if it is i am giving up lol

well done excelent job

simontie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
One word?

Wicked!

That has turned out very nicely indeed. As others have said if thats your first model I just got to see the next one.

Very well done!

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Oh yes, that is the way to build bikes. Very nice paintwork and the chrome is very good. That looks one mean bike, great work at any level, for your first, absolutely superb Mark.

M

mark stonham

Thans you guy's for your comments yep it was my very first build and im very pleased with it. started my number 2 the Yoshimura Hayabusa X1 and already finnished the engine will post pictures later thanks again from mark