US Army tank crew, Gulf War 1991

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
These are the crew figures for my M70A2 Krueger (MBT 70):

7C552933-5D70-4794-A361-DE29DF6FE22C.jpeg50B4B571-5557-4105-AC58-FB66858FDC5F.jpeg

The one on the left will go into the commander’s hatch, the middle one will stand on the turret top and the figure at the right will be in the driver’s hatch.

The figures are by Master Box, from this set:

f766bccf-6651-4680-9d1f-267233e7cdcc-jpeg.348598

I’ll quote myself from the thread on building the tank here:
Though it says it’s for Afghanistan, the uniforms they wear are the Nomex coveralls that were also issued for the ground part of the Gulf War — most modellers stick crews in BDUs (standard uniforms) into Gulf War tanks, but that’s really only correct for the phase before the actual ground war started. From photos, tank and Bradley crews at least appear to have been issued the Nomex coveralls, and tankers the slim body armour as well, before going into Kuwait and Iraq.

The heads are Hornet, from two different sets, with the headphone leads from stretched sprue and the clips on them from a bit of plastic card. It helps a lot that I own (a slightly different model of) the helmet they’re wearing to get details like these right :smiling3: The plugs in the cables still need to be added, but I can’t think of a good way to make them yet. A slightly thicker part of the cable will do to look convincing, so maybe wrap a little thin plastic card around the stretched sprue?