US Cavalry Officer. 1:9 scale

First Name
Andrew
I've had no desire for modelling (apart from my day job to earn a living!) in recent months but hopefully it's coming back?
I painted this figure getting on for 20 years ago. (See last photo.) He's Andrea's John Wayne bust, but I gave him a moustache and carved off his braces.
Since working with Mike Butler I've been struck by the flecks of colour that he creates texture with and paints realistic skin. I have a long way to go before reaching Mike's standard but I've added some seams to his jacket, tried to get texture in his hat and tried to give him a weather-beaten look to his face. I've given his cheeks some rosiness and highlighted some flecks over his face. He's not quite finished, but he's getting there.
Andy
DSCN3150.JPGDSCN3151.JPG

Here's what he looked like before I started work on him again this week. The last photo gives you a glimpse of his textured hat, plus my fingers to give you some scale.
IMG_0127 (2).jpgDSCN3141.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic painting Andy. Looks every inch the cavalryman just off of patrol. The weathering and colouration is top class. Doesn’t really look like the Duke until the last image though…..

First Name
Andrew
Thanks Tim and John. I’m not a ‘Duke’ fan which is why I disguised him.
I’ve had some constructive advice from the Mike Butler and will continue working on him this week.
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work. Very well done.

Andrew