US WWII Combat Engineer Units

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Awesome stuff Paul the heavy equipment trailer and the compressor truck are stand outs to me, you've done them really well. Is the dozer a GHQ model? :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
So small yet the detail is brilliant, very enjoyable following Paul .

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I always thought that moving an army is a nightmare for logisticians, and your diorama shows it perfectly.
Great modelling job Paul. :thumb2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys
I think not as it's resin Rick , maybe Wespe. I do have a GHQ version, but it is in metal, and I haven't mustered the courage to build it yet.
The General's biggest job, although some left it entirely to staff Andrea.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent work mate, as already has been said magic in miniture. I did notice though the fith photo (#108) it looks like a wheel hub cover has come adrift.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys.
Sharp eye Scottie, Prolly when I tapped the tire/wheel assy. onto the axle a little too aggressively. Will remedy, thank you.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
204E Co. A Pltn. supply trucks getting ready for paint. These early ROCOs are pretty needy as they were not very accurate, but had good tires & were pretty cheap. I've used them as the US Army engineering multi-purpose GMCs along with the purpose built dump GMCs to populate my WWII US Combat Engineers.
100_3788.JPG
100_3787.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those are Damn fine Rigs Paul, their only real shortcoming as the front axle needs to be moved a smidge forward to center it under the front fender. Other than that, they are the bomb!!

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That would have been the best solution Rick, but I've moved the cab & bed back as far as I can to at least alleviate the situation partially.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It was common practice to inflate & assemble pontoons offsite when the site was under observation to reduce exposure to enemy fires.
Next up, 23rd Armored Infantry Battalion HQ section.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
As always Paul your dios are just so full of detail and interest. Truly first class work from the Braille Scale Master.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys.
Due to Neil Merryweather's delivery of 1/87 scale gas & water jerrycans I'll need to reevaluate those on the trucks portrayed in this thread. You'll notice that each platoon was equipped with two 30cal. & one 50cal. mgs & each squad truck was equipped with a #1 crated carpenter tool set, attached #1 pioneer tool set, a #1 demo pkg. & a bazooka. The crated items were loaded into the platoon supply truck if additional squad space was needed where a #3 pioneer tool set, a #3 carpenter tool set, #2 demo set, & a mine detector were carried. Where & how many gas & water jerrycans is unclear.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Still no Jerry cans here.....bummer. All looking good Paul. That GHQ dozer looks promising, hope to see more on it soon.