USAF Museum, Dayton, Ohio.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking birds......I'll have to look this one up if I ever get on another airplane to travel.......right now it looks pretty "Grim" as far as scheduled flights go. Thanks for posting these up Rick, :thumb2: Rick H.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have the good fortune to be heading back to the Dayton Ohio area again next week for work, we’ll have the weekend off and I intend visiting the USAF museum again. If any of our members have a particular aircraft they’d like reference pictures of I’ll do my best to satisfy any requests.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rick is that the place where they have a B36 PEACEMAKER an the XB70 VALKRE AS ID LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF THESE TWO PLANES
CHEERS
CHRISB

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I have the good fortune to be heading back to the Dayton Ohio area again next week for work, we’ll have the weekend off and I intend visiting the USAF museum again. If any of our members have a particular aircraft they’d like reference pictures of I’ll do my best to satisfy any requests.
Not for me but if you’ve no objections I’ll just go a bit green with envy!!!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I am getting old.... Apart from the WW2 aircraft I can remember seeing a lot of those aircraft flying, and I am sure that if I look back through my military spotting log books for Mildenhall/Fairford/Lakenheath etc I will have seen them on visits.
The first pic is of the Boenig EC-135E ARIA aircraft based on the Boeing 707 passenger airliner and later created the C-135 family from transport/refueling to electronics aircraft of which we have bought some stationed at RAF Waddington with the radome on the top and along with the EC-135 patrol along the Belarus/Polish border monitoring the Ukraine/Russia conflict.
As an aside I spent hours on two trips in a KC-135 as a guest of the crew when out over the Atlantic where they refueled A-10's on their first deployment to the UK. RF-4C Phantoms from Alconbury among others, and the icing on the cake was an SR-71 that had left Beale in California and dropped down from 90,000 ft to have a 'top up' before going to guess who knows where.... And spent a great time laying on top of the refueling Sergeant photographing the aircraft.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Not for me but if you’ve no objections I’ll just go a bit green with envy!!!
Gone are the days when you could turn up at a base in the USA and get the PR sergeant down to the gate and give you a base tour, or a prior phone call or letter got you a bed on the base as well as a day at the 'Last Chance' check area.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I am getting old.... Apart from the WW2 aircraft I can remember seeing a lot of those aircraft flying, and I am sure that if I look back through my military spotting log books for Mildenhall/Fairford/Lakenheath etc I will have seen them on visits.
The first pic is of the Boenig EC-135E ARIA aircraft based on the Boeing 707 passenger airliner and later created the C-135 family from transport/refueling to electronics aircraft of which we have bought some stationed at RAF Waddington with the radome on the top and along with the EC-135 patrol along the Belarus/Polish border monitoring the Ukraine/Russia conflict.
As an aside I spent hours on two trips in a KC-135 as a guest of the crew when out over the Atlantic where they refueled A-10's on their first deployment to the UK. RF-4C Phantoms from Alconbury among others, and the icing on the cake was an SR-71 that had left Beale in California and dropped down from 90,000 ft to have a 'top up' before going to guess who knows where.... And spent a great time laying on top of the refueling Sergeant photographing the aircraft.

Proud to admit it, but yes, I used to hang over the fence, old Zenith/Practika 35mm camera in hand, photographing, logging and spotting military aircraft.... And even today I still do a bit of spotting, oh! the shame I brought on the family,
"Where's he off then the pub..."
"No! bringing a bit more disgrace to us, why oh why could he not just get a job as a traffic warden...."
20240414_120450_HDR.jpg
Today at 12.05....

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
HI Rick is that the place where they have a B36 PEACEMAKER an the XB70 VALKRE AS ID LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF THESE TWO PLANES
CHEERS
CHRISB
There some of the Valkyrie already Chris. Not sure about a B-36 but I rethink I have one or two from a visit to Pima. I’ll see if I can find them.