Using oil washes

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The only reason for buying an airbrush ....? Alan, there's tons of reasons to get one!
Yes I agree but the look I want and how I want to present them it with this method , if in the future I want to do other things then I'll probably get one but for now I'm quite happy to do this :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Yes I agree but the look I want and how I want to present them it with this method , if in the future I want to do other things then I'll probably get one but for now I'm quite happy to do this :smiling3:
That's obviously fair enough, each to their own & all that. I just couldn't do what I want to do without one, especially soft edged camo patterns in 1/72 - as you'll see soon! ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks good to me Alan I think you've cracked it with the oils some people use pastels can you do those next please ;) Cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers John pastels are next on my list :smiling3:

Thing is with all this practice I'm not building ! I must get a grip :D

D

dubster72

Umm don't take this to heart Alan, but I think the wing cannon staining is way too pronounced. I'm not expert, but I can't imagine a few 20mm rounds leaving so much of a mark.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Umm don't take this to heart Alan, but I think the wing cannon staining is way too pronounced. I'm not expert, but I can't imagine a few 20mm rounds leaving so much of a mark.
I was thinking the same mate , these are just practice pieces for bigger builds later on :smiling3:

I'm trying to get that feathered look on the edges and I'm getting pretty close , I think it's better to work on little kits to get the feel of things and try new mixes before going into a big build and ruin it :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Something that I've found invaluable are ' blending stumps ' which are pencil-shaped tubes of compacted paper.

They have a sharp end for detailed work & a blunt end for bigger areas. I got a set of 3 in different sizes for £2 in Rymans.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Might be just what I need I'll give them a look cheers Patrick :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is my test piece, and although out of scale and slightly lighter than the green should be in think I've got that spray look, in 1/35 scale it should look greatView attachment 89022

IMG_00000043.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks good Alan! :smiling3:
It doesn't it , the other side is green smudges, I forgot this isn't acrylic its oil :confused: