USS Enterprise TOS 1:600 Revell model with custom LED lighting

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Marc very nice build of the enterprise an all the lights im a trekkie too as I built the movie USS ENTERPRISE' A / in 1/350 SCALE an wow is it a big model an I have lit it all up with leds an I will study your site a little later as tryin to do some modelling today
chris

S

ScifiGeek

HI Marc very nice build of the enterprise an all the lights im a trekkie too as I built the movie USS ENTERPRISE' A / in 1/350 SCALE an wow is it a big model an I have lit it all up with leds an I will study your site a little later as tryin to do some modelling today
chris

Hi Chris - thanks for your kind message. Indeed I first looked at the 1:350 scale model from polar lights but the size as well as the price scared me off a little bit. It would be a great build as for sure there would be way more space to install proper lighting. I wish there was a 1:600 scale model for the Enterprise A - I'd love to build that....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris - thanks for your kind message. Indeed I first looked at the 1:350 scale model from polar lights but the size as well as the price scared me off a little bit. It would be a great build as for sure there would be way more space to install proper lighting. I wish there was a 1:600 scale model for the Enterprise A - I'd love to build that....
HI again Marc just looked through your enterprise build an really enjoyed. it an I was sorry to see you blew the eletrics . But that's what modelling all about learning from your mistakes as I have made enough over the yrs. an I see you had the same problem as me when I was building the big 1/350 model but yours happened an that's the wheight of the saucer an comin off but just lookin at the size of the saucer in 1/350 scale an the wheight I knew the small plastic pins polar lights fitted would never hold the saucer. An if I remember rightly they gave two glass rods to fit to the stand to take the saucers wheight but I was not happy with this idea an I fitted in the dorsal section some 5mm brass box section already fitted to the stand in the secondary hull to secure to the main saucer an thank goodness it worked a treat an its been standing on top of my tv now for about 12yrs an no problems an looks great all lit up

chris

S

ScifiGeek

HI again Marc just looked through your enterprise build an really enjoyed. it an I was sorry to see you blew the eletrics . But that's what modelling all about learning from your mistakes as I have made enough over the yrs. an I see you had the same problem as me when I was building the big 1/350 model but yours happened an that's the wheight of the saucer an comin off but just lookin at the size of the saucer in 1/350 scale an the wheight I knew the small plastic pins polar lights fitted would never hold the saucer. An if I remember rightly they gave two glass rods to fit to the stand to take the saucers wheight but I was not happy with this idea an I fitted in the dorsal section some 5mm brass box section already fitted to the stand in the secondary hull to secure to the main saucer an thank goodness it worked a treat an its been standing on top of my tv now for about 12yrs an no problems an looks great all lit up

chris
Hi Chris - my wife would never let me put the thing on top of the TV in the living room : ))))) - but that's ok. I have a nice space in my home office where I can place it. I also have a wireless remote to turn it on and off : ) Once I'm done with this I will focus on the tiny 1:122 x-wing with led lights but I just received the LEDs and realised that they are too big to fit into the tiny engines....hmmm.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris - my wife would never let me put the thing on top of the TV in the living room : ))))) - but that's ok. I have a nice space in my home office where I can place it. I also have a wireless remote to turn it on and off : ) Once I'm done with this I will focus on the tiny 1:122 x-wing with led lights but I just received the LEDs and realised that they are too big to fit into the tiny engines....hmmm.
Well thank goodness my missus is pretty easy goin as she if anything encourage me to do modelmaking so to destress an have a happy life an you talk about tiny x wing well have you treid the 1mm led's or 2mm as you wont get smaller than them an they are very good
chris

S

ScifiGeek

Well thank goodness my missus is pretty easy goin as she if anything encourage me to do modelmaking so to destress an have a happy life an you talk about tiny x wing well have you treid the 1mm led's or 2mm as you wont get smaller than them an they are very good
chris

: ) - good tip regarding the LEDs. I just ordered some 2mm red LEDs on eBay