USS NIMITZ CVN 68 AIRCRAFT CARRIER

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
That is one amazing build Chris :surprised: :thumb2:

I bet they loved you down the boating pond mowing down the yachts :smiling5:

Many years ago I had a mate in the Royal Navy and he went on an exchange visit to Nimitz for a short time - said it was so large that once out of the upper operational areas the different areas of the ship were controlled by various gangs and it was full of drug dealers!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks for the back-story. Though I’m not so sure my other half would be so allowing lol.
I saw a 1/72 of Ark Royal a guy spent 25 years making on YouTube that peeked my curiosity and this is of a similar vein.
But the Yanks always have the best military kit and a Nimitz is the pinnacle of American military power!
T
HI Toby many thanks for showin that utube vid it put my ship in the shade but mind you he's been at it all of 25 yrs an my Nimtz only took 7yrs but it just goes to show that if you want to build something like this bad enough then you have
to put in the yrs of building brilliant model that an again cheers for showin it to us all
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is one amazing build Chris :surprised: :thumb2:

I bet they loved you down the boating pond mowing down the yachts :smiling5:

Many years ago I had a mate in the Royal Navy and he went on an exchange visit to Nimitz for a short time - said it was so large that once out of the upper :disappointed2:operational areas the different areas of the ship were controlled by various gangs and it was full of drug dealers!
HI Simon thanks for your comments an yes they did what with the yachts an sub but they should not have been sailin in the bit where I was sailin Nimitz as the club put a rope across the pond to keep the big models an the small model seperate but people dint take no notice until they met Nimitz head on an same with the sub he should not have been there either an as for the real ship well its a floating CITY with about 6000 crew members an in most city's there are drug dealers so they the same aren't they mores the pity :disappointed2:
chris

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Christopher, I love the photos of your superb carrier A labour of love and it shows, a really stunning result.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher, I love the photos of your superb carrier A labour of love and it shows, a really stunning result.
HI flyjoe ive only just noticed your post many thanks for your comments on my nimitz build an yes it was A labour of love an a build of a lifetime for me as i could not do it again as gettin old now so now time is my enemy
chris