USS Reuben James.(OHP class frigate)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hello my Friends.
Completed this today.
This is the deluxe Academy kit in 1/350 scale which comes with the Pontos detail set.
For the first time I used Uschi lycra rigging which is great.
I had a lot of fun with this.
All the best.
Ralph.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Now that I like.
Cracking looking ship and coupled with an excellent seascape makes for one superb model.

Nice one Ralph!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ralph v-nicely done I love ships an your build with the seascape is brilliant is that a perry class frigate as I was goin to build one in from a scratchbuild in 1/64 th scale before I built my Nimitz. But what put me off her was when I was lookin up some research on her I found her class had only one prop an the rudder was very offset to the prop
for reason bein it said in book that it could pull very tight turns in combat so I went for the big N but how big is she in inches long ?
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

HI Ralph v-nicely done I love ships an your build with the seascape is brilliant is that a perry class frigate as I was goin to build one in from a scratchbuild in 1/64 th scale before I built my Nimitz. But what put me off her was when I was lookin up some research on her I found her class had only one prop an the rudder was very offset to the prop
for reason bein it said in book that it could pull very tight turns in combat so I went for the big N but how big is she in inches long ?
chris
Thanks for the kind words Chris.
Yes this is a Perry class frigate an the model from bow to stern is 15 inches.
All the best to you.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with the rest of the crew, a work of art.
Well done .
John .

A

Armorguy

Ralph that's a great job you did on this detailed kit ! One question however, won't you paint a tadd of gloss varnish on your sea base ? It looks pretty mat on the images.

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph that's a great job you did on this detailed kit ! One question however, won't you paint a tadd of gloss varnish on your sea base ? It looks pretty mat on the images.
Thanks for the comment Guy.
I did put a gloss coat on the sea. It looks better in real life :smiling3: