USS Voyager

P

Prydien

Hello

I've been building Revell's USS Voyager for a while now.

I've updated my blog so thought you may want to take a look.

Anyway please take a look, all helpful and constructive feedback is welcome.

Prydien's Blog | USS Voyager Model building

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I took a look at the photon torpedo video............. Absolutely Brilliant.

Peter

P

Prydien

Thanks. I'll keep going on it for while longer. I'm in no rush because i'm learning as I go.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi and welcome to the forum mate.

Some first class work going on there.

Tony.

P

Prydien

Thanks Tony, that means a lot to me. Its the first bit of modelling I've done since my teens (I'm 45 now).

A

alan1701

Nice work there on voyager,I am currently building my voyager,just waiting for the photo etch parts and light to come...If mine comes close to how good yours looks I will be made up

P

Prydien

\ said:
Nice work there on voyager,I am currently building my voyager,just waiting for the photo etch parts and light to come...If mine comes close to how good yours looks I will be made up
Where did you get the PE parts from I ordered mine from CultTVman's Hobbyshop www.culttvmanshop.com.

To be honest the Revell kit I have is quite good for detail. I use all the PE parts but now I think the transparent plastic windows that came with the kit are better. The details on top of the bridge are good and don't really need replacing with PE. I think I made more work for myself than needed.

Last edited:
A

alan1701

I got my PE from ebay. I am also considering using the kits windows,the clear revell parts are get but I am planning to light my voyager and I have drilled out all the window slits and will be using clear acrylic to fill them so I have a choice use kit parts and frost them or use acrylic and fill the PE window parts?

I will be posting an update as son as I get chance to work on her,started a new job recently so models have been put on hold....LOL

A

alan1701

I just had a good proper look at your blog and man that is some really nice work.

I noticed you are running out of room in the hull from all the wires...get your self some magnetic wire( sometimes called enamelled copper wire) it is very fine and great for modeling.I have been using it for a while now,its a bit fiddly to get use to but great stuff.

Have a look on ebay thats were i got mine.

P

Prydien

Yeah I've seen that wire. I may use it for the next build. I'll connect a common negative so I don't have to feed too many wires down the tube. I may use the Arduino board to run all the lights, got myself a starter kit and i'm just learning about that.

I've updated my blog. Pop over and take a look. Prydien's Blog | USS Voyager Model building

I haven't got too far to go now :smiling3:

I'm going to use 'Micro Krystal Klear' for the windows.

I've got some dental acrylic recommended by Steve Neil (look at his youtube channel >steve neill's garage< he's fantastic, a real inspiration, he works so hard)

But I think dental acrylic is best used before you paint.

What do you guys use for windows?

Thanks for the comments everyone, all input is greatly appreciated.

A

alan1701

I got steve neill added on youtube,I look forward to his video's.I also watch simon mercs and boyd at trekworks they are great model makers.Boyd has recently done an amazing enterprise 1701-a.

Don't use Humbrol Clearfix for windows it was recommended to me as a alternative to canopy glue and micro krystal clear.

I am currently trialing nail acrylic in my windows,it is very similar to dental acrylic but a lot cheaper,It dries frosted and you can buy coloured powders that you add to it so in theory you can have different colored windows if needed.

C

cryton 5

excellent stuff , i hope jayne way did mind that ball on the nose oo remind's me of kirk season 1 with little alien who played with enterprise

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
AWSOME totally fantastic , I built this kit about a year ago and I might but it in a dark room because yours has just made mine look like a kazon dreadnought has just used it to clean the toilet ...... God I'm so depressed right now !

Seriously though top notch build mate it looks really cool :smiling3:

C

cryton 5

hi I will be starting shortly , might not have read though all posts looking into materials required paints etc I have lighting on route so any in put appreciated ,mean time excellent work Jane way would be proud . cry !

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
AWESOME and fantastic build,lov the lights,and so much attention payed to all the decals,

nice little touch having the shuttle lifting off ;)