V2 - Vengeance From Above

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Found some more pics while surfing for other stuff.

1 (1).jpg1.jpg2 (1).jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5 (1).jpg5.jpg6.jpg7 (1).jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Have a great Christmas and New Year mate. PROST!!

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Allen,
Some nice scratchery there, sorry about the beer spitting, is that a new pass time or can anyone join in. I tried it in the home, got my nose rubbed in it and am now banned from dawn till dusk, I tell you what those empty glass bottles do hurt - took off my tin hemet to tell her she missed me - never saw the second one arriving...duh!
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I like the sound of more daylight....I hate these dark dingey nites:sad:

Allen, no I never did look into contacting any model clubs....Too busy as I got two kids to run around after, 3 if you count the misses :smiling5:
Hope life is treating you well mate:thumb2:
I have just noticed this Si , does the good lady know of your statement :flushed:. Please send a large amount of money to the Race Towers off shore account this instance, to save you from certain injury :smiling:.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve I do believe you must have the biggest online supply of photos ever, fantastic stuff mate.
Sorry Dude 1.:smiling4:
Dude 2

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I have just noticed this Si , does the good lady know of your statement :flushed:. Please send a large amount of money to the Race Towers off shore account this instance, to save you from certain injury :smiling:.
John.

Unlikey to receive any money Dude 2...the good lady would be eating biscuit crumbs and sour milk if it wasn’t for her amazing fellah (me :smiling5:)

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
and here are some more JR:smiling3::smiling5:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_141-1880,_Peenemünde,_Start_einer_V2.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B0788-42_BSM,_Peenemünde,_Startvorbereitungen_V2.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B0790-42_BSM,_Peenemünde,_Raketenstart.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B0791-42_BSM,_Peenemünde,_Raketenstart.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B1927-44,_Peenemünde,_V2-Steuerung.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B1935-44,_Peenemünde,_Abschussrampe_auf_Eisenbahnwagen.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B1937-44,_Peenemünde,_Abschussrampe_auf_Eisenbahnwagen.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B1973-44,_Peenemünde,_V2_Startvorbereitungen.jpgBundesarchiv_RH8II_Bild-B2054-44,_Peenemünde,_Raketenrampe_mit_V2.jpg

Will you be doing the ladders Allen. Looks like an interesting scratch project duddie:smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Rocketeers Around the Globe,

Yup, I am still alive and like to apologise for the silence on my end of this project. I ended up suffering from a case of info overload and project burnout. I have since re-grouped and will attack this in a more organized way, sticking to the original plan of refueling a V2 in a tactical environment.

I want to thank you all for your patience and kind comments, along with Stevie's pictures. No, I will not be scratching the ladders as they were not used in tactical units. The platforms on the Meillerwagen covered all the areas that needed to be worked on the rocket. I have gone back and am correcting the launch platform as the Takom offering is lacking a bunch of details. I have 3 of them, so if I screw one up, I can start another. With the help of the up-grade resin kit Didier from Azimut gave me at the SMC, it should look the part.....So,

The cable mast from Takom needs some detailing as it is rather simple. The real mast looks like this,
For Discussion Purpose Only
It mounts on the launch platform and has a cable to raise and lower the bound electric cables for the V2. We needed to scratch the support half way up the mast and it looks like this,
Yea, It's not the biggest part to build, but it came out okay. Here is the original,
For Discussion Purpose only
The rest of the details will be added when it's glued on the mast. The top of the mast also has pulleys for the cable that holds the bound electric cables that look like this,
For Discussion Purpose Only
And after a little playing with a sharp knife you can come up with this,
Sorry for the bad pic, but the iPad wouldn't focus that close. Up next was the mast mount attached to the launch platform as seen in the first picture above. It includes the adjustable leg to support the mast,
I know it doesn't look like much, but there are more things behind the scenes I've been doing with this project and also a late war Jagdpanther build to re-boot the Mojovation. I still wish the sun would shine once in a while though...…………………..

Thanks for looking in and not losing faith in this. Have a great week and Moggelll on folks!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
Good to see this back on the go my friend, glad the mojo is back. as always some great additions and details.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Progressing nicely Allen, glad to see you back at it.:thumb2:
Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
I can well understand how you needed a break from something this complex. Back now and already up to itty-bitty scratching. Looks good.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
and this awesome build is back... YES...YES...YES...

• Love

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great to see you back at this project Allen, nice cable support you’ve scratched together.:smiling::thumb2:
Looking forward to the next update and the Jadgpanther.

Carry on sir!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1
Good for you .
I like those early cable ties ! In the photos, complete with buckle .:surprised:
Dude 2

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great stuff Allen. Found this if you ever run out of things to do. For weathering discussion only.
V1 & V2 launch site in France. PaulE

• Haha

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Allen,
Dropped in the other day and you were out, now I can understand why, mojolessitis :sick:. But happy to see you up and back at it.
Cheers, Mike.

First Name
Ross
Hi Allen
Great to see this epic still going, I'll swap some of my heat for your cold and maybe we get a bit of decent weather out of it.

cheers
Ross

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul I see there was graffiti even in those days , Almay , written all over the place :smiling3::smiling2:
Large Taxi please .
Great stuff Allen. Found this if you ever run out of things to do. For weathering discussion only.
View attachment 329552
V1 & V2 launch site in France. PaulE

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just spent all the mornings "coffee breaks" reading this thread from the intro.
Not often lost for words but this build does my head in. Great work.
The extra detailing is ace and your dedication second to none!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Rocketeers,

Just when things were looking up and progress was being made…...BAM, I got hit with a man flu of the worst kind. It was so bad that I had to go to the doctor ASAP. Now normally, I only go to the doctor's when it's 3 minutes before death, but this crap totally kicked my butt. After a week of taking a lot of pills and sleeping an abnormal amount of hours, I started to feel better. The past week has brought on a different set of nonsense as every time I sat at the table and wanted to work on this or catch up on the forum, 5 minutes later I passed out and woke up 2 - 3 hours later from a coughing spell. This sucked to no end and many days last week I was sleeping up to 16 hours and working too.

Today is the first day that I actually feel human again and only napped for 25 minutes this afternoon. Again I apologise for my lack of responses to you fine folks. I will attempt to drive on here and accomplish something. Work this week will be a little hectic, but I want to at least play 1 to 2 hours if possible.

Thanks to all you great people, the show will go on, unless I get run over by a bus or some other crap comes along. Have a great week!!!

Prost
Allen