V2 - Vengeance From Above

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good to see you resurface mate :thumb2:
Some of these viruses that go round can really take it out of you! I’m currently suffering a chest infection/ cold virus thing too...nowhere near as bad as what you’ve got!

Hopefully your on the mend, keep your fluid levels up (not booze) and get plenty of rest.
Lots of love:blow-kiss-2:
Si

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great to see you’re feeling better and among us again Allen.:thumb2:

Take it easy and what Si said drink enough, no beer and if you have too don’t combine it with the meds….:dizzy:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
Really glad to hear your on the mend my friend. Take all the time you need to recover and get your self better no pressure, but if you can have this build finished for tomorrow that would be cool.:tongue-out3::smiling::smiling::tongue-out3:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Holy crap where the heck have I been that I lost track of this build... one or two more hot toddies and you’ll be right back at full speed.. my apologies for not keep track of the rocket man. Kick that stinking man flu in the butt my friend

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen, I know what you're going through. Mine lasted 3 weeks and I still have the cough.
Nasty cr*p! Cheers, Rick H.

First Name
Andrew
Allen,
I look forward to hearing that you're back in the land of the living and back to the project. Get well my friend!
Andy

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Allen,
Glad to see you are still drawing breath - now remember suck in - blow out - repeat. Anyway felt so sorry I am sending best looking sister round to give you kiss of life - you lucky man......
Cheers, Mike.

B

Brad9826

Welcome back Allen, looking forward to the resumption of your build :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1 .:sick:
Do as you have been told by the medical branch of the forum ! And by Mrs R. :surprised:
Dude 2 .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
He's alive!!!

Keep on trucking mate. Hope work eases up for you soon. Must be due for a holiday??

Take care my friend

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Afternoon/Evening (depending on which planet you live on) Rocketeers,

I know it's been a while and once again I must apologise for my absence and lack of updates. I am 95% healthy again and can finally hold parts and tools in my fingers without dropping or shooting them off into space. I have been a good boy Si and Fernando and have not imbibed in alcoholic beverages during the bad time... As for you Paul, I wish I was further along and almost finished, but it will still be a while I'm afraid... Hi Scott, here in the Fatherland we call it a Parkplatz...??? Hey Joe, no worries brother as you got a lot on your plate too and you never need to apologise buddy... That's the only prob I still have Rick, I can't get rid of this cough either... Thanks Andy, life is back to normal Sir and I hope that you are finally settled and have the house back to where you and the misses want it... Now I want to know where you got the picture of my Ex Mike??? I thought I had erased all of them from the web....Hi Brad, that makes two of us Sir and I will try and keep going on this... Ok Dude 2, You of all people know I have been a good boy and following the medical branches' word as well as Christines too!!! Yes Sir's Greg and Jim, it does feel good to be almost normal and now it is time to get back to the table... Stevie, I tried to take a week off and be like you, but I have to wait till the end of the month to do so. Sucks to be me!!! So anyway,

I still have a little problem with the lungs and resin (even with a mask) was out of the question. I put the launch ramp aside for now and moved on to an Italeri kit,
For this build we need two of these to fuel the V2. I grabbed one as I didn't want to do a twin build like the Hanomags. Typical Italeri kit with lots of extras in the box and good/bad details and fit. I'll build one to see how it goes and then the other, improving on the bad points of the first kit. I don't plan on getting into too much super detailing with these (sorry diehards), but there are a few things that have to be fixed/improved on them...

So far the fit is ok, but you have to trim most of the pins to line the two pieces up for a good fit and make lots of dry fits too. A few pieces put together,
Note the lack of Opel Blitz emblem on the grill. The inside of the back of the tank has a lot of soft detail and looks busy (bad photo). You must remember that this tanker didn't have a pump on it. This is why we need a pump trailer for them. The chassis is next up and finding a way to mount the resin tires was time consuming,
I didn't have any tubing in the stash that would work. I had cleaned these up a few months ago and now realized they were for the Tamiya Opel Blitz, not the Italeri one. I butchered the kit rims and made the rear mounts. The front mounts were made from Dragon panther outer wheels that I sawed off the spacer. It worked out pretty good as they were long enough and fit into the resin rims,
Tire spacing is good and the wheels will look correct under the body. I have already made the 8 bolts for the differential to correct it as it doesn't have any. The back of the diff will be visible on the finished vehicle. The ladder on the tank will need a scratched fold up extension and a few other mods must be made. It feels good to be moggelling again and the Mojovation is also back up on top...…..

Tomorrow, I have to take a drive up to Werther, in Thüringen, to a dealer to pick up a quad. Werther is next to Nordhausen and Nordhausen is where Camp Dora was. Camp Dora was a prison camp where the people who worked in the Mittelwerk lived. The Mittelwerk was an underground complex where the V2 was built along with other things. I wish I had the time to visit the museum there, but I don't. One day though...

Thanks again for following this, stay healthy and have a wonderful week. As Arnie said "I'll be back"........................…...............

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great to hear you’re feeling better again Allen.:thumb2:

Nice start on Tankwagen no.1 and with a week off at the end of the month, you’ll make up for any lost bench time for sure.:tongue-out3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
It's good to see you again my friend, glad to hear you are on the mend.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Glad you're feeling better. Looks like Stuttgart coat of arms on the door? PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Allen!
Good to see you posting again and to hear your feeling normal again.....well as normal as you could hope:smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Cheers Allen, Looking good so far, did not know the kfz385 did not come with a pump was this typical or just on V2 sites?
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you back at the bench mate. Who supplied the resin wheels? Good luck with the rest of the wagon.

Hasta la vista, baby :cool: