V2 - Vengeance From Above

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Tanker number 1 is off to a nice start. Glad you're back and a week off at the month end will do you a power of good.
Jim

First Name
Wouter
Herr Kaleun, good to see you back at it. I must say I missed quite a bit but this great (humongous - or how do you write that word? - is a better choice perhaps) project is just godsmackin'. Keep up at it. I will send in a Wolfpack to assist you! ^^

Cheers

Reactions: JR
First Name
Ross
Allen
Good to see this one still carrying on, I said in an earlier post that it was shaping up to be an epic and it really is.

cheers
Ross

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Again Rocketeers,

I know, I know I am late answering you great people and posting an update. I would be late to my own funeral as work got in the way!!! My illness is gone and I have even dabbled in resin without problems. Thank you for all the get well wishes!

Fernando my friend, you don't know how much I need the time off. I might even take 2 weeks off for good measure and more table time.
Thanks Paul, It seems like it's the same song and dance with all work and no play!!!
I really don't know what the emblem on the door is PaulE. The Tankwagen was used on an airfield in Italy. I will have to do some more research I'm afraid. The same emblem is on the ref pic below. The unit could be from Stuttgart...
Thank you much Mr. Benson, but I was never normal. Not even in my wildest dreams was I normal. Not even in your wildest dreams was I normal...
Well Rick the V2 Tankwagens of this type needed a pump trailer to load and unload the B-Stoff. (The T-Stoff Tankwagen had both a gas powered and a manual pump on board for the V2.) The Luftwaffe version of this Tankwagen, depending on maker, some had pumps on board and others didn't and needed a pump unit/trailer.
Great to be back Stevie. The resin wheels are made by MR Models which is a company here in the Fatherland. They make all kinds of resin stuff, but sometimes QC is lacking and you get one bad molded wheel. Speak to the hand, speak to the hand!!!
Thank you Jim. It is slowly coming together now that I am back on track and like I stated above, I just might make it 2 weeks off...
Wow Wouter, a Wolfpack would be just what the doctor ordered to get this project a going. I don't know how to spell it either as this is a German laptop. I do hope to have it finished before I'm 90 though. I hope all is well on your end my friend!
I am trying my best Ross, but sometimes work just beats the heck out of you. Thank you for the epic post Sir and hope that it has cooled off in your neck of the world down under.

So, getting some table time this weekend, I managed to do some more on the Tankwagen. First off, I noticed the three storage doors on the passenger side of the tank were horrible on the kit. Italeri give you this,
So we had to make them over so they would look like this,
I also noted that the kit's headlights sucked too. My resin wheel set from MR Models also included a set of smaller headlights used on later model Opel Blitz Tankwagens. They didn't have the lamp covers included. I had to hit the etch stash again and fix that problem. We now ended up with the following. I'm not sure that I am happy with them though as they look kinda funky,
You can see the new doors for the stowage lockers with hinges. No, they don't work and don't ask why I drilled the 3 holes in the doors. Ok, It's for the locks, but I only have one plastic one. I did find 2 more on an etch fret...Moving on to the resin wheels,
Please notice that there were a few minor malfunctions known as air bubbles. Luckily they were in the lugnuts/bolt and easy to correct with a couple of sprue pieces (tan parts). I am leaving the front one as it is. Rudy got too crazy with the lug wrench tightening that one after changing the flat he had last week. Broke the sucker off....Speaking of nuts, I fixed up the rear diff with 'em,
While I was at it, I broke out the hairy stick and did most of the frame. I have to leave some glue points nekkid for attaching the tank and the cab as well as the wheels. I'm not worried about the gap on the diff as no one can see it later. Up next was the spare tire,
The mount will also need a little work to look right. Hood latches and notek mount added to the front of the Blitz. And,
Hairy sticked the motor and the radiator even though you won't see them later. It's one of those moggeller things. The steering is functional too. I purposely glued the license plate holder a little crooked for character and bad driving at night...……...

Thanks for looking in and have a super week. More to follow and all C, C, and C cheerfully accepted!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude1 . Most impressive work my friend. Do I spy some Friuls in the background ?
How come your mat is so clean , is this the one you keep to make us think your neat and tidy ?, more impressed with that.

Dude2.

PM in bound tomorrow .

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
About time you got back to the bench, but for the amount of work you have put in, you are forgiven.
Happy to see you are well again, and back to your none normal self, I must say this is going to be one build when it is finished. Progress, onward and upward as they say...
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Dude1 . Most impressive work my friend. Do I spy some Friuls in the background ?
How come your mat is so clean , is this the one you keep to make us think your neat and tidy ?, more impressed with that.

Dude2.

PM in bound tomorrow .
Don't be fooled John, this is Allens photographic mat, only measures 6 x 6, hence all the close ups.....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great update mate. All going in the right direction. Nice of John to send you one of his B&W photos when he was at work. I bet his legs still look good in those shorts:smiling5::smiling4:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ahhh…….…..Ok, you guys caught me out on this one!!!

In the background Dude 2 are a set of late Panther Friuls for my Jagdpanther that is on hold for now as I am back in full swing with the V2. My mat is clean from the 13cm (5 inch) mark to the right. Below is the whole picture….
Thank you Mike, it feels good to be driving on with a hard…….You know the rest. As a matter of fact, I just finished washing the resin tires and they are drying as I write. As for the mat, well see below…………...
I don't know Stevie. You would have to ask him yourself buddy. He still might have the shorts though. I'm going to try and get some more done tonight!!!

Alright Guys, the rest of the story………………………...
Ya never know when you might need a tidbit or a piece of scrap to do the job…That's what the 1cm to 15cm space is for……………….Later,

Prost
Allen

First Name
Ross
Allen
Continuing the good work mate, no it hasn't really cooled down yet, its 21:00 hrs and still have the AC on.

cheers
Ross

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen, The Tanker is coming on nicely. I use the crooked license plate trick sometimes as well. Even works in 1-87 scale. BTW, you are a "tidbit" Piker compared to our
friend Paul E. Now there is the King of "Tidbitery!! :tongue-out::tongue-out2::tongue-out3: Cheers, Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Gentlemen,

I'm glad to hear it has cooled down a little bit Ross as here in the Fatherland we are all wanting it to warm up a lot. It must be a good feeling to hit the bench and not be constantly sweating. I guess the a/c helps. Thanks for looking in Sir!

I have three or four little wooden rectangles that I normally work on Rick, but they are full with my tidbits too. If it gets any worse, I will have to do a clean up and that scares me as I'm afraid I'll throw out something I really need. I have seen pics of Paul's bench and like me, you never know when you are going to need that one piece in the pile. Hey, and crooked is always a good thing. Hope you're getting a bit of spring weather on your end too my friend!!!

No update tonight due to lack of taking pictures today. I was so busy I forgot and then it was too late. I will bore you all to death tomorrow after work. You have been warned!!! I wish everyone a great week and lots of bench time....

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Excellent, I look forward to being bored after work, but I’ve got a bit of gardening to catch up on so can we make it after tea time dear?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Always good to have a catch up with this build Allen. Slow and steady wins the race apparently. With my speed I should be an Olympic champion :smiling2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Asleep every afternoon, management permitting is something I like in the boring winter months, but now its full on outside.
Dude 1.... keep it coming, I esp like the shot of the stretched sprue, something that you exceed at. As for the rest of the staged photo I have no further comment other than tipping one of your many boxes over to make us think you have been busy.

In fact gentlemen Mr Dewire spent much of the week end taking photos of the building site outside of his flat, of which I'm most grateful.
Dude 2

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some great work there Dude. Is that a VW stationary engine I spy in the pile? PaulE

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Gentlemen,

An update will follow as I still have to shoot some photos. I am running late due to work and a bout with Mother Nature's finest weather and winds. Can you say "soaking wet" boys and girls????????

Yes PaulE, that is a VW motor for the Meillerwagen erection trailer. Please see pages 17 and 18 for details….

So everyone, grab a cold one out of the fridge, Slap Mr. Benson to make sure he's awake and have a little patience with me. Thank you for your understanding….........…………...This is a recording from Bamberg Germany...…………………………..

Last edited: