V2 - Vengeance From Above

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey Si,

I started out in this hobby doing wing thingys and then moved on to armor. It doesn't matter what a man builds as long as he is having fun. Thanks my friend, but the progress is slow. I love a 110 too!!! I have a few wing thingys in the stash and one day I might just surprise the hell out of everybody……..And build one!!!! Have a good week too and a cold one my friend!!!

Prost
Allen
Dude 1.
Who said anything about FUN !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is some real progress Allen! I enjoyed your presentation on the subtle differences between 2 and 4 wheel drive. Hope to see more soon!
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful update mate. Thanks for the tip with the nail in the tyre. Keep up the great work

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Allen
What can I say. You have been busy. Most interesting update. You have patience and skill to work on the conversion.
Keep up the stunning work.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Allen, slow work always pays off for art. I tell most people, Rome wasn't built in a day...if you want instant, go make yourself a cup noodle. Waiting patiently for the countdown at the launch pad.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Allen, slow work always pays off for art. I tell most people, Rome wasn't built in a day...if you want instant, go make yourself a cup noodle. Waiting patiently for the countdown at the launch pad.

Cheers,
Richard
The speed at which Allen works Richard, many of us won't be around for the launch :smiling5::smiling:

Last edited:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Young man and fellow slow moggeller,
Caught up again and still more to impress. Ignore those hecklers, you just carry on at your own sweet paczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz huh! oh yeah! sorry I was writing this in model speed.
Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
Nice mogling it doesn't matter how long it takes its the results that count and yours are always worth waiting for.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Guys and Gals, but this isn't an update. I want to acknowledge all you fine folks (even Stevie) for the wonderful support

Rick - Thanks Buddy! I could have bored you with other gory details of the differences between the two. Hopefully, when I have it done, I can do a side by side with the 2WD Blitz...

Stevie - Wow my friend, I hope you are still breathing and can read this. Yea, I ain't the fastest Moggeller, but then I will refer you to Richard's posts. "Nail in the tire"??? I am seriously beginning to worry about your current mental health state my man!!! I told you to roll the window down while running the motor in the Plymouth as the fumes are hazardous to your brain cells...

Jim - Thank you Sir for the kind comment. I just wish I had more time to play. Some days after work, I'm too beat to even put on the optivisor….

Richard - Hey man, you blew me away with the cup of noodles quote. I had to clean up the coffee that got spit out from it!!! I am glad I'm not alone in this matter. I never was a fast builder, but you know the kids today (Stevie), they want instant gratification and that's it. Thanks too for your patience….

PaulE - Thanks my friend, but you probably knew the differences. I want to try and keep it interesting, but not get into boring you all to death….

Ian - No need to be sorry, 10,000 comedians out of work and now we have 10,001. Tanks too Sir!!!

Mike - Between you and Richard, I now have to clean my living room from all the spilt coffee and beer. You kill me Mike and Thanks for your great sense of humor. I will attempt to get something done this weekend. I've been driving quite a bit lately and have had no time to play. Oh, and hecklers, What hecklers??? They are just misunderstood young whippersnappers!!!….

Paul - You are the man and I thank you for your continuing support. I just wish I was as quick as you are my friend….

As some of you might know, I have a big construction project going on across the street from me. Here is a pic of my new stash rooms,
The first one on the left is for my figure kits, the next is for my wheeled vehicle kits, the next for my tank and half track kits and the last one behind the tree, is for wing thingys if I ever get back into them. In front, they are going to pour a large room for all my diorama accessories too. Not too shabby, eh!!!!!

Need a cold one,
Prost
Allen

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I'm so sorry Allen. You are perfectly correct - I have indeed lost it. I will go and sit in the corner and then bury my head in the sand.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Please Stevie,

I can live with you sitting in the corner, but please don't bury your head in the sand. I could never forgive myself for driving you over the edge and your having a permanent DAK look when you pull your head back up...

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Rocketeers,

I know you all have been waiting with baited breath for an update. Ok, this is an update so to speak, but as far as big progress it ain't!!! You know I have been scratching a 4WD version of the Opel Blitz 3ton truck for my T-Stoff tanker. There is a story behind this and it began in the first days of May. I saw a kit in evilbay that would allow me to do the conversion in resin and not use the Plus Model resin kit. It was from ADV Azimut (my favorite) and looked like this,
It uses the basic Italeri kit as a base and includes resin and white metal parts. I wanted it very badly, but I was out bid by €12. It sold with postage, for €54 to the door and too rich for my blood (and my beer money)…..

Ok, I then got this wild hair up my butt and said "hey, I'll just scratch the 4WD stuff myself and call it a day". I then won the Mercedes 3000 4WD conversion from Plus Model, but it was exactly the opposite of what I needed for the Opel. (Are we asleep yet!!!!!!!!!) I modified and scratched up my version and now we will bring Murphy's Law into play. A bit after my last update on the Opel, I found another one of these kits in evilbay and the whole day, it sat at €8,50. I said to myself, "Is it worth it to be over bid again?", as the kit is in demand, but this one was missing a couple of parts. It was missing the cab and the Kofferaufbau roof. Now these two pieces were not really a big deal to me as I wanted the hood/fenders and all the 4WD crap fine quality parts and with a bonus of the late style wheels….

Just before the auction ran out, this puppy was still at the same price. I threw a bid of €26,79 down at the last few seconds and............BAM. I won the thing for €10,50 + €5 postage, a total of €15,50. I needed a beer immediately!!!!!!!!!!! I got the kit today and when I got home from work, I started cleaning some of the parts up. It's an old kit and it is in really good shape, well detailed and nicely molded,
It has white metal springs, drive shafts and the steering mechanism. I also got a sheet of white plastic and one of clear plastic for the Kofferaufbau windows. Next, I opened up the Kofferaufbau parts to check them out,
The iPad color focus was flipping out, but all the parts look good although there is a few that are warped a bit. Don't need these anyway for the T-Stoff Tankwagen. I then took a gander at the destructions and low and behold, worse than a Dragon kit!!!! Exploded drawings and then something struck me kinda funny,
You have to hack up the cab from the Italeri kit as well as the frame to build this. Huh!!!!!!!!!!!
If you look closer, the cab is made up of the Pieces Italeri as denoted with the *…….DOH!!! The cab isn't missing at all. Moving along, we now look at the assembly of the Kofferaufbau,
Now you know that the white plastic card is for the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no mention of the clear plastic sheet anywhere, but who cares. Kiss my Grits, I have a 100% compete kit in the box and for a heck of a savings too. Sometimes Murphy's Law happens and we get lucky. Yea, I tore up some Blitz parts to make my conversion, but now I can move forward with a big :poop: eating grin on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With some luck, I will take and post a few side by side photos of my conversion and the Azimut kit conversion tomorrow. I do have a long drive and I hope to get home at a reasonable hour. Sorry for the boring update, but I think this only happens every once in a while and this time I got lucky.................

Thanks for staying awake and looking in. Have a great week too!!!

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dude 1 , Dude 2 here:smiling:

Look fine now you've worked out why it had bits " missing "
:nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
That is a great result, you have stuck gold there. I was going to PM you to see how things are going it's been a while.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John