HI MIKE will look forward to seein this built as i am a sifi fan
chrisb

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking good, even if it’s an old kit :smiling3:

Could you add some background, please? Like the movies this is from, how they’re used in it, whatever else you think may be interesting. A picture of the “real” thing will also help people who aren’t familiar with it.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
A bit of info on the X-Wing fighter.

The X-Wing fighter has featured in many of the Star Wars Films and Spin Offs. It was first shown in the original Star Wars film, released in 1977. The fighter was used by the Alliance in their conflict against the Galactic Empire.

In the original file, the spacecraft was piloted by Luke Skywalker when he destroyed the Death Star. On board with him was his robot R2D2.

More information on Wikipedia can be found here

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I've started today with a bit of cleanup and once completed on these parts, I'll prime and then paint them.

There are some serious ejector marks on the wings which I'm sorting. These would be visible on the model as I'm going to have it flying mode with the wings open in the X-wing formation.

Also I need to perform surgery on Luke as he won't fit into the cockpit. I guess we've put on a bit of weight around the middle since 1977.

20230301_113924.jpg

20230301_113913.jpg

20230301_113943.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Mike he needs to go on a diet lol but im lookin forward to seein this built as i love sifi
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks to have decent detail Mike but the ejector marks are a nuisance and Luke will need some work.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Mike, I'm a bit late in. Love the X-Wing and I'm sure you will nail it. Yea. Luke does look a bit 'Pudgy', doesn't he...Sucks when you get on in age. I hope R2D2 fits ok...

Prost
Allen

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
This is going to be a very grey model. 5 different shades so far.

This is the main body which I'll now do a clear coat and add decals which are quite colourful.

It's very hard plastic which is different to the Airfix and ICM models I've been making. Dry fitting these two parts together and the wings was easy, although a getting them apart afterwards not so easy.

20230323_092544.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
getting them apart afterwards not so easy
Probably because it was designed as a snap-fit model, you always have to be careful test-fitting things with those.