Valiant figures

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I enjoyed doing the Robogear figures so much recently that I decided to have a go at these.

They're supposed to be 1/72 but at around 26 - 27 mm tall they're a bit too large for that. Nevertheless, they're moulded pretty well and they're made of hard plastic, not the soft poly that most figures are made from, so cleaning up bits of flash and mould lines is a doddle and you can use ordinary cement to fix parts together.

Gern

View attachment 66869

View attachment 66870

View attachment 66871

View attachment 66872

US 1.jpg

US 2.jpg

US Box.jpg

US Sprue.jpg

P

Polux

Very nice figures, look fantastic for an action diorama!

Polux

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi dave you've done a cracking paint job on those figures I to have a few of these and like you said they are a nice quality item

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi dave you've done a cracking paint job on those figures I to have a few of these and like you said they are a nice quality item
Just started on their Classic German Infantry - the quality is really amazing considering how cheap they are!

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top work on the figures dave. I reckon we'll get you doing a 1/144 soon enough!!! cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Need some shading by the look of it
Not sure what you mean by shading Andy. I have thought they look too 'clean' for troops in action, so are you thinking of some sort of dirt wash?

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Top work on the figures dave. I reckon we'll get you doing a 1/144 soon enough!!! cheers tony
Tony, I did these 1/96 figures for the USS Constellation many moons ago. Never again.

As for 1/144? I'd do the thing as a pile of black ash representing the remains after a fire!

Gern

View attachment 66918

View attachment 66919

96th scale sailors 1.jpg

96th scale sailors 2.jpg