Valkyrie 75mm WW1 RFC British pilot

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Took this little kit with on my holibobs to Cornwall and managed to get him done in a week. Base colours airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics and then final painting with Oils. AK ultra Matt and Vallejo silk varnishes, white glue for his goggle lenses. Need to get the tail airbrushed along with the groundwork , then order a plinth and nameplate.

B1796CCF-15F5-495F-82C7-4C135E76A82F.jpeg5EB7A024-440B-44C8-9328-7A93C74B337B.jpeg0AA22D9A-C4CE-4367-B213-4BB71BECE87F.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
I really like him. Even though he has goggles he somehow has great character. The leather coat is superb.
Jim

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve
I really like him. Even though he has goggles he somehow has great character. The leather coat is superb.
Jim
Yep, he has somehow , the other option was a full face, but he looked a bit cartoonish, so went with this one.
Thanks for the kind comment

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That looks very good indeed!!! Do you often take a figure away with you on holiday?

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sometimes I do, if early or late in the year as a bit cold to spend evenings out. Only paint in the evening, like i would at home.
I can see my wife's face Steve if I suggested that!

Again, very well done.

Andrew

First Name
Jean-Marc
LLLLLLLLLLLLLook pretty good.. Love the weather leather you have done ... Way to go SIR and thank you for sharing it with us , It's quite appreciated !

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Advantage of taking the mother inlaw with us, they sit and watch TV and i do a bit of painting, open plan living area !

View attachment 452506
Doesn't look like a bad place there Steve but again I can only imagine what my wife would say..... especially as the only surviving parent we have is my mother!!

But in her defence, I had not even thought of getting a model in the first 12 years or so of marriage. It was only when my then 6-year old son decided that he wanted a kit, that I started down the slippery slope....

Suffice to say the enthusiasm with which I have returned to the hobby has come as something of a bit of a shock..... Especially as she has lost half our new utility room to my models, stash, tools and paint!!

Really looking forward to seeing this fully finished.

ATB.

Andrew

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Doesn't look like a bad place there Steve but again I can only imagine what my wife would say..... especially as the only surviving parent we have is my mother!!

But in her defence, I had not even thought of getting a model in the first 12 years or so of marriage. It was only when my then 6-year old son decided that he wanted a kit, that I started down the slippery slope....

Suffice to say the enthusiasm with which I have returned to the hobby has come as something of a bit of a shock..... Especially as she has lost half our new utility room to my models, stash, tools and paint!!

Really looking forward to seeing this fully finished.

ATB.

Andrew
I did consider a model (briefly) in my first 12 years of marriage - but than Kate threatened to remove certain biological appendages ... then self-preservation prevailed and I saw the light!
Steve

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
bit if out the box thinking and I have found a suitable sized Balkenkreuz on a decal sheet for a 1/16 Leopard tank !

1651652398214.png

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad i posted the above photo, as spotted it said 1/35 in the bottom corner. This order has been cancelled (hopefully - if not there will be the above FOC to someone lol) and the 1/16th version has been ordered in it s place.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Tail has been sprayed Red, was going yellow, but still have no joy spraying Vallejo Air through my Iwata even thinned and using their flow enhancer, works for a few mins then just clogs up, or splats a whole load of paint everywhere. Didnt have any Tamiya Yellow but did have some red, so used that with a touch of flesh, and highlighted. Found this on Youtube of Wingnuts 1/32 Albatross, with the tail i was after;

1651754700479.png

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The 'Tail' has had the balkenkreuz applied, came on a single decal sheet, so each cross had to be cut out Individually. Applied with mircosol and set and then matt varnish applied, now needs an over spray of light red to remove the white and cover up the 'tip' in the ground.

2.jpg

Then a bit of light weathering and add the flowers to the front and it will be done, Plinth has been ordered.