Vallejo Model Paint

K

Keith Mayes

\ said:
I think we are all relieved Keith :D :D:D
Actually I think in the past few days you have probably learnt more than a book could have given you.

You probably thought, as Patrick has alluded to all giving different answers, that we are all mostly very dim. Rest easy Keith you were perfectly right. :rolleyes:

Laurie
It has been an interesting couple of days :smiling3: . It is only natural that individuals will develop a style and product that suits them, so the best way forward is to listen to the advice of others then do your own trial and error and find what suits you and what doesn't. I am getting there:cool:

D

Dave Garrett

KEITH: i'm glad you have found a paint that works for you. PATRICK: how much do you want for the postage of the vallejo paints please ?

D

dubster72

\ said:
KEITH: i'm glad you have found a paint that works for you. PATRICK: how much do you want for the postage of the vallejo paints please ?
Just replied to your PM Dave

K

Keithmayes

Is it necessary to thin down varnish to avoid brush marks or am I right in thinking it isn't as it is pretty much self levelling? Plus of course I have now developed a vastly superior brushing technique :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Is it necessary to thin down varnish to avoid brush marks or am I right in thinking it isn't as it is pretty much self levelling? Plus of course I have now developed a vastly superior brushing technique :D
Id not think it's necessary Kieth , ive noticed if you put to thick a coat on it doesn't have brush marks but goes foggy so just make sure you don't overload your brush :smiling3:

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Id not think it's necessary Kieth , ive noticed if you put to thick a coat on it doesn't have brush marks but goes foggy so just make sure you don't overload your brush :smiling3:
Okay that's good news. Thanks for that. Cheers. Keith.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Is it necessary to thin down varnish to avoid brush marks or am I right in thinking it isn't as it is pretty much self levelling?
What varnish are you using Keith ?

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My advice would be to get out the plastic bottle and have a play. See how it goes down with and without thinners. Just like all kids, we learn more playing than we ever will from a book...

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
My advice would be to get out the plastic bottle and have a play. See how it goes down with and without thinners. Just like all kids, we learn more playing than we ever will from a book...
Good idea, I will do that. Thanks. Keith.

Last edited: