Vallejo paint triads

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not sure if this is of interest, but it’s a great resource for those of us who are not confident in paint mixing. Basically the middle colour is you tone, and the other two are shade and highlight......
Certainly should help with the non-figure painters who want to paint figures without too much stress. You won’t get to P Diddy standard, but you will get a better result....
Hope it helps
Tim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not sure if this is of interest, but it’s a great resource for those of us who are not confident in paint mixing. Basically the middle colour is you tone, and the other two are shade and highlight......
Certainly should help with the non-figure painters who want to paint figures without too much stress. You won’t get to P Diddy standard, but you will get a better result....
Hope it helps
Tim
Tim, just having a second look, think those charts look very helpful.
More helpful is the way he stores his paint, seriously considering doing the same and adopting the idea of showing the no under the paint written on the shelf . Too many times I obliterate the no on the bottle .
Thanks for mentioning it .

Just been for alook and the page says blocked ?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nor can I John, not sure why........ my original link works though. If not, try searching for “Loki’s great hall, Vallejo triads” in google....that’s the title of the blog...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nor can I John, not sure why........ my original link works though. If not, try searching for “Loki’s great hall, Vallejo triads” in google....that’s the title of the blog...
Tim, I tried again and it worked, strange operator error no doubt :smiling2: Really interesting page , thanks .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim

Thanks for sharing a fantastic resource!!

ATB

Andrew

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
... and the first prize for helpfulness goes to the mighty Tim Marlow. What an unbelieveably helpful website. This is going to save me a lot of messing about with colour mixes. Many thanks