Verlinden 1/5 Kamikaze

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter I rarely look at the figures as my intrests lie elewhere but just havin a look at the figure you have done this is really very well done :thumb2:
chris

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thanks.Slow progress due to a bad cold and the continued presence of my granddaughter.

Chris - Thanks for popping in this time. Glad you approve.

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ralph - Thanks.Slow progress due to a bad cold and the continued presence of my granddaughter.

Chris - Thanks for popping in this time. Glad you approve.
Peter SORRY to hear about the cold an hope you soon get over it an get better as I know its really horrible an my wife jen is not too good with her cancer an im takin her to the docs tomorrow to see if that's any help an regards your granddaughter whats she playin you up ?
chris

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Chris. Hope Jen's not too bad with it all. My granddaughter is a pickley 16 month-old and has been here for three weeks. I love her to death, but the house is wrecked, there are used nappies everywhere and the dog's getting more and more jealous. Doesn't leave too much time for modelling!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris. Hope Jen's not too bad with it all. My granddaughter is a pickley 16 month-old and has been here for three weeks. I love her to death, but the house is wrecked, there are used nappies everywhere and the dog's getting more and more jealous. Doesn't leave too much time for modelling!
COR Peter used nappies don't they wiff abit ? an what are you lookin after her ?

D

Deleted member 6559

They do whiff a bit! My daughter, her mum, is home for Christmas, but it's always all hands to the pumps when they're here.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That's looking very nice and smooth Peter, wonderfull work :thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work and the fur contrast is a logical choice.

The white scarf is superb work.

The facial expression seems to me to be :-

"Is that it then?"

Sounds like home life is quite full and chaotic at the moment too

Keep hydrated and take paracetamol for the cough/cold/man flu.

All our decorations are down now, and Christmas has been packed away for another year.

I snuck up into the attic whilst Anna was at mass and retrieved my nuts and PE bolts for the Stug III B.

Sounds like you have your hands full and a little painting might be hard to come by.

Enjoy the day and keep the fluids up

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Chris - :thumb2:

Steven - Thank you.

Scottie - Thanks also.

Jason - And thank you too.

Steve - I've changed my mind about the fur and will attempt to make it all the same colour. My daughter and granddaughter are off home today, so there will be a big clean-up operation over the next couple of days, but I should be able to get some painting done.

D

Deleted member 6559

Lunchtime update:

100_6095.JPG

I've repainted the fur elements so that it all matches. The texture on each was the same, so it looks better one colour.

I'v also started the life-vest.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve.

The front of the life-jacket is finished:

100_6100.JPG100_6101.JPG

The sleeves are just blocked-in for now.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Steady progress and either way with the fur lining looks OK.

There is still quite a lot to paint?

I guess it will be quiet now 1/2 the family has left?

Still grey, cold and breezy, not as much light as you might like?

I shall be doing track links for awhile and watching Red Dwarf on NetFlix.

Have a good day with the paints and hopefully a little good light too

Regards

Steve H

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Very nice work Peter,
I hope you are more productive when you're home alone... I know for sure I am :thinking: :smiling5:. Kind regards :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Just me and my son and the dog now, and the sense of peace and tranquillity is amazing. I love my granddaughter to death, but boy, am I exhausted. The sun has come out today, which has really helped progress, so now I'm at the varnishing stage. Track links and Red Dwarf sound like a good combination - good luck.

Steven - Definitely more productive! Progress wasn't helped by my granddaughter's attention to my paint box. She managed to open some Vallejo Off White yesterday and I got a good telling-off from her mother!

D

Deleted member 6559

One finished Japanese pilot:

100_6106.JPG100_6104.JPG100_6107.JPG100_6108.JPG100_6109.JPG

I've painted the arm patch as the more usual 'risen sun' motif.