Verlinden 120mm 17th Lancer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

VER0859-2.jpg

This is my next figure - Verlinden's 120mm 17th Lancer. I made of version of this a couple of years ago, but felt that I'd only done a so-so job that time, so I took the opportunity of buying another at a bargain price from Ralph in order to have another go.

This is what was in the box (minus plaster base):

100_4907.JPG

A generally clean and tidy casting, though with some flash and extra blobs on the trousers.

Assembled and ready for painting:

100_4908.JPG

The main problem with this kit is that the top half is much narrower at the waist than the bottom half, so the trousers had to be paired back at the top to get a convincing fit. It should all be OK after a lick of paint.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I think I remember this. Looks to have a face of character.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim

Yes the face is quite good, though overall the sculpt is a bit simplistic.The white and gold cross straps are going to be a pain...

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph - a classic kit this one.

The head:

100_4910.JPG

All to the accompaniment of Tears for Fears warming up for tonight's gig at the cricket ground - murder.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Ralph and Mick.

It was a real b****r to do, especially getting under the visor.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Every body wants to rule the world. Cant beat a good bit of tears for fears

Nice work on the barnet, looking forward to seeing the rest

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another great start

The real deal or a copy band at the cricket club?

I went to see Rocket man when it came out and have been listening to Elton my mobile ever since, whilst modelling.

Some say going back to your teens and only remembering 1970's, is an early sign of dementia?

Damn another lost weekend, what day is it again? LOL.

Another week of 09:30 to 18:00, the worst shift of all!

Still have to leave at 07:00 or you get stuck in traffic, not back until 19:00

Have a good day, with the weather and paint

Stormy?

Just wet here

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve J - Having been there the first time around....

Peter - Thanks for looking in.

Steve H - The real deal. I have a Tears for Fears story too. In the mid 80s I was walking along Berwick Street in Soho with a girlfriend on the way to a late night cinema thing, when she (Hilary) saw a discarded carnation lying in the gutter. She pointed at it and said ''Awww'' and before she knew it, it had been swept off the ground by another young woman and placed in her hands. We looked up and the woman was with Roland Orzabal of Tears for Fears - he looked seriously peed off too. I told Hilary who it was and she just said ''Who?'' By that stage their early career was already over, and I think it's only the extensive use of their music in recent films and TV that has revived interest. Sad to say the young woman was probably Orzabal's wife Caroline, who died recently.

Hope the start of the working week is kind to you.

D

Deleted member 6559

I've decided to abandon this.

It's not a great sculpt and after struggling with the gold and silver work I decided life was too short. Sorry chaps.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Onwards and upwards. Will you be able to add another shrunken head to your collection??LOL