Verlinden 120mm Guard Grenadier

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8414.JPG100_8415.JPG

This is another one I've made before, but since Historex still have stocks at the old price, I thought I'd have another go. My first version I painted as per the box art, in the white Peninsular uniform:

100_3421 (1).JPG

Completed in December 2018 - there's a thread about it on page five of Pre 1ww Figures Under Construction. This time, I intend to paint him in the more usual blue campaign dress, as per the chap in the middle:

0ac0f993507cb7c0068c85979f89c867.png

The box contents:

100_8416.JPG

Quite a lot of parts with this one, with some tricky casting blocks to remove and a lot of strapping to make. Should keep me busy.....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I remember this guy first time around. Very "lived in face". This version will be a nice comparison.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Always a sucker for Napoleonics.....should be good.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - The head is a bit big, but it's a great face.

Tim - Be seated.

Ready for paint:

100_8419.JPG100_8417.JPG100_8418.JPG

The fit was OK except at the neck, were the casting blocks were huge and distorted the surfaces to be joined. As a result, I ended up with a large gap under the collar at the back which hade to be filled and shaped with Milliput, hence my attaching the head at this stage. One advantage of going for the blue uniform is that any messy gaps should be hidden - white shows up everything.

As I'm away for the weekend, I won't start painting until Monday at the earliest. It will be good to have a break from the 0000 and Vallejos.

D

Deleted member 4539

It's good to have a break Peter :smiling3:.
Are you going anywhere nice?.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph. Yes, off to Lewes to see my daughter and granddaughter. Hopefully the antique shops will be open...... (ulterior motives, moi?).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Enjoy the weekend off, hopefully not too stormy in the South?

We are just getting the rain in't North but its still early

Enjoy the shopping and the brushes will be there when you get back home

Regards

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all early readers.
Have a good time Peter. While your away I can read the earlier build .

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Morning. Eye of the storm here in the South East, so we should have 48 hours without rain. It rained continually yesterday and was very windy as well. Time to reflect on my work and take stock for a couple of days.

John - Really need to see little Remi and get some perspective on life. Can't wait to see her.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Late again me.Been a trying week of loses,Bank card and my phone.using a Mickey mouse old Smartphone,Still need to get the minis off to you mate.
Enjoy weekend.
Rich.

• Sad
Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

All rested and recharges with youthful vigour?

Looks like the storm is over without too much impact?

Have a good day with your new figure, definitely an old campaigner

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ricardo - Thanks for looking in. Sorry that you've had some trials and tribulations.

Morning Steve - Back home and fully recharged after a wonderful 36 hours with my granddaughter - the highlight was dancing with her to the tune of DahkaBrakha's Tiny Desk concert on Youtube - well worth checking out: The weather cleared enough on Saturday to enable me to get round the antique shops and make a couple of purchases. Lewes was very busy and there seemed to be total disdain for social distancing on the street, though people did wear masks in the shops. The problem areas are the eating places, which were all packed tight and of course maskless.

On to this man's head today.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A supercharged start to the new figure, looks good too

The blue rather than white will be a nice change and an easier finish to achieve?

Hopefully your refreshing weekend will keep the paint flowing for some time.

Looks like you will be having a blue day today.

Enjoy the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheers.

Steve - Yep, mostly blue today, and much easier than white. I worked on his face a bit more last night, always a risky strategy under artificial light, but he looks OK this morning.

Ian - Many thanks for looking in.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another good start Peter. I really admire your ability to bring out the facial expressions.. Mine all tend to look the same.
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Peter. He's quite an interesting looking character!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew