Verlinden 120MM Special Forces Vietnam

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in Ian.

I've repainted the jacket:

100_5667.JPG

Now to get the hat to sit better on the head........

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter as usual it looks stunning... what SF are you going to do? Green Beret? or Seal? remember do not put the lamp since it was only used by the elements of the task force for operation Ivory Coast (the figure that you bought) that was the liberation of a North Vietnam prisoner of war camp (The famous Raid at Son Tay)...

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Greg

Thanks for the info. The Ivory Coast head was correct (cap, goggles etc) but not well sculpted, hence the swap. He'll probably be a Green Beret, but wearing the boonie hat and no insignia, just a generalised impression. Will ditch the lamp as suggested, and equip him with assault rifle, ammo pouches, water bottle, bayonet, flashlight(?) and grenades. There is also a personal radio receiver provided; would that be appropriate?

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear Peter the radio you will represent is this one
AN/PRR-9 it was tested and used by MACV-SOG personel for communication intra squad at least 3 members of the recon team had one
radio_450.jpg
One more thing if you put the pistol the holster is black not brown(ww2)..

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work on the do over, you can see the boonie hat is lower and covers the eyes

The jacket seems more muted too.

Simon T dragged the T34 blog out of the back of the cupboard, so I'll have to get the camera out!

Hope you have a good day with the light, its grey and raining, again here!

Have fun

Regards

Steve H

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter

Nice work on the do over, you can see the boonie hat is lower and covers the eyes

The jacket seems more muted too.

Simon T dragged the T34 blog out of the back of the cupboard, so I'll have to get the camera out!

Hope you have a good day with the light, its grey and raining, again here!

Have fun

Regards

Steve H
Excuse me Peter .
Steve we're looking fwd to seeing this !
Thank you Peter.

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Many thanks. Forgot to mention the pistol too.

Steve - Glad you like the changes. Good one Simon T!!!!

John - Totally agree.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I would say that you represent a SOG during camp training for manuvering with the Nungs (the Chinese peolple living in Vietnam and used by Us Special forces as part of their team as mercenaries).. SOG during missions were LOADED with tons of equipment since they fought very deep behind enemy lines... this is part of their equipment
919_10151093114238994_26808400_n.jpg

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Since you are doing an African-American guy... you could reperesent Ben Thompson who was the RT Illinois 1-0 (it means team leader)

ec6cfe72d28fa8666dbb7576fd848ce4--american-veterans-american-war.jpg

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Woah - how did they even move with all that gear?!! I just don't have that much equipment, so a training exercise would probably be right. I don't think my chap looks enough like Ben Thompson to make this a portrait, but it's a nice idea. Thanks again for the info.

Steve - :thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Greg - Woah - how did they even move with all that gear?!! I just don't have that much equipment, so a training exercise would probably be right. I don't think my chap looks enough like Ben Thompson to make this a portrait, but it's a nice idea. Thanks again for the info.

Steve - :thumb2:
well they moved and sometimes VERY FAST... ;)

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
And that is the 2nd part of the equipment you can see the STABO harness and the RPD used by SOG with 2 drums and then ammo belts in the canteen pockets
Most of their uniform were painted with black stripes to camo them and to have a very neutral look in the jungle.. note also the PEN EE camera
476579_10150812173768994_611746580_o.jpg

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking really nice Peter.Im into Vietnam war and am thinking of some busts maybe for my lil ol range.M.A.C.V.S.O.G is an area id consider for sure.

Carry on mate.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Where's the kitchen sink? Thanks again for the pics.

Richard - Glad you like him so far. Some Vietnam busts by your good self would be great.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well think you have surpassed your self with this one Peter, everything looks perfect .Well done .