Verlinden 120mm Union Zouave

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Huddy Leadbetter eh.....Nirvana cover one of his on “Live Unplugged”..... and my uncle used to sing “Goodnight Irene” when he was drunk LOL....

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Ralph. These Verlinden figures suit me down to the ground.

D

Deleted member 6559

Okey dokey:

100_4481.JPG100_4482.JPG100_4483.JPG100_4484.JPG

Just the hands, musket and base to do to finish it off. The musket strap took some bending over the kettle and I ended up having to glue it under a bit of tension, but hopefully the glue will hold. The base is just as it came.

D

Deleted member 6559

Glad you like him Ralph. Thanks for looking in as always.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
such lovely work,Peter,love the colors,
job so very well done,:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work as always Peter. Nice to see the big pictures

D

Deleted member 6559

Monica - Thank you.

Steve - Thanks also. I thought 'What the hell?'' with the bigger pictures this time.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work and another masterpiece well delivered.

The reds are really good, and no pink in the highlights, how do you do that?

Happy Easter too, and a sugar free egg?

a BOILED EGG!! LOL

sorry!

Its going to be another sunny, bright and hot day.

As Anna will be off to church I might get to fire up the air brush?

Cleaned windows, changed taps, watered the garden & prepared enough food for an army, yesterday.

Enjoy the day and family.

Time to start the next ACW, perhaps?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steven - Many thanks.

Steve - I greet you on yet another egg-free Easter Sunday morning, To be fair, my wife did buy me some sugar-free sweeties once, but lets just say that they had a rather 'interesting' affect on my stomach. Glad to hear that you've got the odd jobs out of the way and that hopefully you can spend some time at the bench - sounds like you deserve it after that. Baby and Mum back to Lewes today - I'm personally exhausted but have loved every minute.

Re: the reds. It's a question of choosing the lightest colour as your highlight, in this case Scarlet, then working back down the range into the shadows - Scarlet, Flat Red, Dark Red, Black Red the Black Brown.

I think I will start the other ACW today...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Beautifully done as always, Love the jacket,
Jim

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Re: the reds. It's a question of choosing the lightest colour as your highlight, in this case Scarlet, then working back down the range into the shadows - Scarlet, Flat Red, Dark Red, Black Red the Black Brown
Thanks for sharing the recipe, Peter. It clearly works! Another piece of awesomeness!
I have my horde visiting today so limited bench time expected. That said, the eldest grandson might be in the mood to work on hi s 1-48 Lynx helicopter, so you never know!
Cheers
Neil

D

Deleted member 4539

Steven - Many thanks.

Steve - I greet you on yet another egg-free Easter Sunday morning, To be fair, my wife did buy me some sugar-free sweeties once, but lets just say that they had a rather 'interesting' affect on my stomach. Glad to hear that you've got the odd jobs out of the way and that hopefully you can spend some time at the bench - sounds like you deserve it after that. Baby and Mum back to Lewes today - I'm personally exhausted but have loved every minute.

Re: the reds. It's a question of choosing the lightest colour as your highlight, in this case Scarlet, then working back down the range into the shadows - Scarlet, Flat Red, Dark Red, Black Red the Black Brown.

I think I will start the other ACW today...
Hi Peter.
A story of a diabetic.
My mum was a diabetic and she was always buying lots of sweets and when I say lots that is an understatement.She wouldn't just buy one mars bar at a time she would buy a whole box and this was also with starbar, whispa, flake,marathon,kitkat etc.
Also she would go to thorntons and buy the biggest box of continental chocolates usually two or three at a time and whilst there she would buy the toffee not in ounces but at least a pound in weight.
What you have to think about now is that she was doing this three or four times a week with every sweet imaginable.The amount of sweets that she had pretty much filled a bedroom in the house.
Her whole reasoning for this is that she couldn't get sweets in the war(WW2).
I used to take sweets from the house and give them away to total strangers and at halloween to the kids.
And yes this is a true story.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank You.

Neil - Glad you like him. Have a great day with the family and hopefully you will get to do a bit of modelling with your grandson. I had my granddaughter looking on from her high-chair while I built this.

Ralph - Wow, it must have affected your mum's health. That's an incredible story. I had the smallest bite of someone's egg this morning and I'm already feeling dizzy, with a headache coming on. Darn my sweet tooth!