Verlinden 120MM Union Zouave

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well this is your third paint job on this figure. How do you feel the other attempts compare to this one?. I was taken by the vividness of the red. Is it just the photo or did you try something different?. Another great masterpiece to add to the collection. Do you still have the others to put in a trio picture???

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - I used a deeper red, carmine, as a base, which I think helped enrich the upper layers of dark red. The first version on this figure is long gone, and the one before this is in the loft. I think this is the best, though I still think I could do much better.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Running out of adjectives to describe how wonderful your figures are, have you ever thought of selling some of your older pieces (on ebay), you could make a bit of extra cash to fund future purchases ?.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter. It's all been said. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Thanks very much. I think it would be difficult to sell these via eBay, as it would be well-nigh impossible to transport them without damage. I suppose it would have to be collection only, but as I don't use eBay these days after having my account hacked three times and money taken from my PayPal account, it's all hypothetical.

John and Jim - Many thanks.