Verlinden 200mm British Trench Raider Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Your gurning figure is defiantly going to win the big cheese at the county faire!

Well painted, with character.

The bolero hood is an unusual item, not seem that before.

Frosty start up here, and I think I have finally emerged from the opiate fog of post surgical pain management!

Everything aches, and the wound is itching, all good signs, and I can feel it all without immediately leaping for the pain killers.

No Pain , no gain LOL

Maybe I'll be able to sit up at the dinning table today, and look at my Stug III GB build?

I shall not be venturing out, no real point with a 6,700 majority to the resident MP.

Should be fun tomorrow to see what has happened, then back the serious business of modelling!

Hopefully a light day for the paintwork?

Have fun

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Glad to see that, despite emerging dusty and wounded from the tunnel, your escape plan worked. Sounds like all went well and you're on the mend. Wishing you the best with your recovery.

Venturing out later to add my say in a very marginal seat, then awaiting the arrival of my eldest and granddaughter for Christmas. Scrubbed and tidied the house yesterday, which was pretty pointless as it will be a tip by this evening.

Really enjoying this figure. Despite being more like caricatures, they are very nice to paint, and it is after all about having fun. Have also added these to the stash:

VER1335-2.jpgdownload (29).jpgVER1401-2.jpg

Should keep me busy over Christmas.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I have to say ,Peter this is very much the making of a silk purse from a sow's ear!
You've already knocked the box art into a cocked hat.
I must say I wouldn't have bothered with this pathetic sculpt myself at all,sorry( let's hope it's not by someone I know..........:tongue-out3:).

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Neil

Glad you approve so far. I know it's not a great sculpt, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as pathetic. It doesn't come anywhere near the realism of the Young's busts I've been doing, but I prefer to see it as a 'character' sculpt. It's one of the early American busts, so you're probably safe!

Any road up:

100_5930.JPG100_5929.JPG100_5927.JPG

The torso and arms are nearly done. Unfortunately, the light started to go at midday, so I was forced to down brushes. Not an entirely smooth session, as I messed up the right arm, so I had to strip it down and re-do it.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Morning Peter

Your gurning figure is defiantly going to win the big cheese at the county faire!

Well painted, with character.

The bolero hood is an unusual item, not seem that before.

Frosty start up here, and I think I have finally emerged from the opiate fog of post surgical pain management!

Everything aches, and the wound is itching, all good signs, and I can feel it all without immediately leaping for the pain killers.

No Pain , no gain LOL

Maybe I'll be able to sit up at the dinning table today, and look at my Stug III GB build?

I shall not be venturing out, no real point with a 6,700 majority to the resident MP.

Should be fun tomorrow to see what has happened, then back the serious business of modelling!

Hopefully a light day for the paintwork?

Have fun

Regards

Steve H
Nice to hear you are back among the happy festive frong(Or is it thong),Hope the foggy feeling after being in the Opiate den is subsiding,My wife has had many operations due to Rheumtoid Arthritis,You could be like Mr Swaineys mother in One foot in the grave and have a bell and whistle and stick to klonk and devise a code system so your nearest and dearest come running after deciphering the clanging and whistles.
All the best from Richard and Helen.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicey nice Mr Pierre mon ami.The light is dreadful today and at lunchtime like dusk here on a very windy and stigian gloom of Clacton.Had the mother of Hypos a little while ago and dropped to nearly 4 and worst ive ever felt.Good job i had an egg sandwich to hand.Just been making Scotch eggs with quality sausages by Heck and crushed seeds for coating.
Pip pip onk onk.
Rich.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard.

Sorry to hear about the hypo. I had my worst one ever while we were in Wiltshire in November - honestly thought I was going to die.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Reasonable progress under the circumstances with the lighting and the family arriving too.

Looks like another grim and gloomy day today, so not much painting, but plenty of family time, which is a nice for you all.

Richard, the opiate fog is receding, and if I ever tried a bell, whistle and stick system with Anna, I would be beaten to death with the stick and have both the bell and whistle inserted into the closest orifice for good measure.

Hope you're feeling better today Richard?

Enjoy the day with paint and/or family

Regards

Steve H

• Wow
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Full-on here at Day Mansions. The little pickle is keeping me entertained and the jealous dog is as demanding as ever. Hopefully I'll get our man's helmet done at least today, if I can see it in this appalling light - even the daylight bulb doesn't seem to help.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Great painting of the face - sour faced b****r though.
Scrubbed and tidied the house yesterday, which was pretty pointless as it will be a tip by this evening.
Been there, done that - but at least when they leave you'll all have had a great time. When our little one leaves it is a task to put back, in their places, all the ornaments/knick-knacks which old foggies like us have collected over the years. She loves to "look" at them. She is very careful but they all end up in wrong places :rolling:
Jim

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Morning Peter

Reasonable progress under the circumstances with the lighting and the family arriving too.

Looks like another grim and gloomy day today, so not much painting, but plenty of family time, which is a nice for you all.

Richard, the opiate fog is receding, and if I ever tried a bell, whistle and stick system with Anna, I would be beaten to death with the stick and have both the bell and whistle inserted into the closest orifice for good measure.

Hope you're feeling better today Richard?

Enjoy the day with paint and/or family

Regards

Steve H
Hi Steve.Better today thank you.I went too long without fuel in the tank.A sandwich and 2 sweets sorted me out after 30 mins.Hope the knee is going great for you.Take it easy fella.
Rich.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter , go and take it out of the bin please. Quite honestly you are being to hard on your self, (as usual ) it was looking really good.
Reconsider, you can't work with distractions as sweet as she is.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
:anguished::confused::worried::disappointed:

Will you keep it for a strip back project further down the line Peter?

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Too much wrong with it chaps.

I spent hours on the weathering, which kinda worked, but found that as a consequence the facial tones looked too harsh. The main reason I added the weathering was that the lower half of the torso looked too plain, but also because, if I hadn't, then there would probably been an outcry (First World War - must be dirty).

The other point is that it is a rotten sculpt. Not only is the face too cartoonish, but the upper right arm is as long as a gorilla's.

I'd run out of mojo with this one and couldn't face stripping it down and starting again. As usual in these cases I took a saw to it to put it completely out of commission and beyond temptation.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A shame, Peter, but agree with the balance thing with the mud on the lower half.
Move on then , any choices yet ?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I don't often agree with your binning decisions, Peter, but I am with you on this one,:thumb2:-although not because of the painting.....
I think the sculpt looks like something out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting.
I'm sure you'll nail Sean

D

Deleted member 6559

Fair enough Neil. Putting the helmet on clinched it - entirely the wrong shape as well.