Verlinden 200mm British Trench Raider Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_5914.JPG

Quite excited about this one. As you can see, a 200mm trench raider by Verlinden.

The contents of the box:

100_5915.JPG

Another beautiful moulding of a nice clean sculpt. The face is a bit comically mean and determined, but I don't mind that. Looks huge after the 1/16 bust I've just done.

Some reference:

body-armour-british-great-war-body-armor-DH7E2F.jpgOriginal Trench Raiders.JPG

First Name
Andrew
Not sure I'd like to meet him on a dark night!!!! Miserable bu**er!
I know that you don't agree, but you always exceed the artwork on these Verlinden figures, so no intimidation there!! Have fun and watch out for that club. He looks business like!
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

He's after a picklehaube this time Andy!

Of course I don't agree re the Verlinden box art, although this example isn't as good as some of the others. He definitely needs some dirt and grime as well.

All put together:

100_5916.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Arrived in the nick of time. A lot of charater in this chap. Permission to carry on :smiling2: :cool: :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Face tomorrow.

Andy - That's right, and any beer and cigarettes that happen to be lying around.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
chair pulled up, mulled wine and mice pies at the ready - though i quite despise mulled wine.

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
He certainly has an ugly old Fizzog,Making a silk purse from.sows ear.The Little chef namely me is making homemade soup,One batch of mushroom and one batch if Turkey and Vegetable both diabetes friendly.
Rich.

Reactions: JR
First Name
Andrew
I know Peter loves me lowering the tone - well maybe? The newer take on the sows ear thing is..... "You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter!!" Sorry Peter - well maybe. (I'm just rude.)
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Not a looker is he? Still, it takes all sorts. Can you put soup in the post?

Ralph - Thank you.

Andy - Whatever tone there was has definitely been lowered! Potty-brain.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Afternoon Peter just reporting in from gardening duties, was nearly looking like him.

Goes with out saying that the face you have painted knocks the spots off the box art.

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Cheers. Just finished the back of the hood and put in the last line of stitches - took me much longer than I thought it would.

Stevie J - Yes, it must have hurt.

John - Thank you. I'm really enjoying this one. 200mm (1/9) is much kinder to the eyes as well.