Verlinden 200mm Guard Artillery Officer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sublime as always. The braid is excellent, and the grenade patch on the bearskin top just looks real.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - It took me a few Guard figures to work out what was going on with the headgear - cords, raquettes, tassels, pompoms, plumes, rosettes etc can make them very complicated.

Scottie - Cheers that man.

Neil - Thanks. It was the eyes - it's always the eyes.

Mick - Many thanks.

Tim - Thanks. Lots of fine detail to get stuck into with this one. The epaulettes look like they're going to be a challenge.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Yet again great work!

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant work as ever Peter .

Heard from granddaughter today some one in her block has been tested positive at Brighton. Like your daughter she's not pleased as her bubble have been keeping to the rules .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got a read through on this Peter and it is without a doubt a beautiful piece of work...the high and low gold tones really set it off.
wish I could do figs. but just never was good a layering and blending.
Rick H. :thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The glitter work and badges, plumes and trinkets are superb, well worth the slog.

Another step up the ladder and a shiny masterclass, well done Peter.

Looks like a blue and glitter day today, I was sure there was some green too, until I finally realised it was the last bust, D'ohh!

My new desk has been installed in the "Home Office" / Anna's dressing room!

Still grey and dull, seems to be the flavour of the month, hopefully a light light for you later?

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - Many thanks for looking in.

John - Your poor granddaughter. They're in such a delicate situation - it only takes one careless person. My own granddaughter is coming for a week's visit today, so bench time will be limited - ''Gwandad, Gwandad, where are loo?''

Rick - Cheers. There are no rules with figure painting - just practice, trial and error and developing an approach that suits you personally.

Steve - Glad you approve of him so far. I must admit to have been in despair for many an hour as I struggled to get a decent finish on the braiding, It wasn't until I'd gone cross-eyed with the effort that I told myself enough was enough, and that it would have to do. Just blue, gold and red for the torso - I think the epaulettes and lanyard may take a session on their own, so I might not get it finished today. G;ad to here that the home office is sorted - will it double as a modelling space?

D

Deleted member 6559

I decided to try and get him finished before my granddaughter arrives and chaos ensues:

100_8534.JPG100_8527.JPG100_8528.JPG100_8531.JPG

The epaulettes did take quite a time because of the detail, but they weren't as tedious to do as I was anticipating. I used Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue for the tunic, to keep it fairly dark. The varnish has dried slightly patchily, so it will need another coat, but it's essentially done.

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Yet again another outstanding finish. To marks all round!

ATB

Andrew

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blooming sublime Pierre.
Really lovely job alround mon ami.The blue really pops the colours out.Metallics are super.
Makka.Pakka

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great job Peter. The tunic sets off the braid to great effect. Face is very characterful as well.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Another masterpiece we’ll do my friend