Verlinden 200mm Joachim Peiper Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_9156.JPG

I've decided to stick to busts, at least until the light improves, so I've dug out a Verlinden depiction of Ardennes arch-criminal, Joachim Peiper. This is another one that Historex is still selling at a reduced price and which seemed worth getting hold of. There are four parts, including the pedestal:

100_9155.JPG

The usual high quality casting, and what seems to be a good likeness of the man.

The head:

100_9168.JPG100_9169.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start to him, ;)

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hopefully a better day, today?

Family fun and distractions are sometimes the best medicine for what ails you.

Dr. Google is always a pessimist, you probably have beriberi and sleeping sickness!

Peiper does look very sullen and well worn out, nice work.

Are you going for a black leather jacket too?

We missed the grand conjunction as it was too cloudy, you were very lucky to see it

Have a good day with the light and enjoy the family build up to the big day too

regards

Steve H

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Peter,

A very nice start. Up to your usual standards.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph, Peter, Monica, Steven and Andrew - Many thanks for looking in. Glad you like the face.

Steve - Still a bit rough, but it was good to be able to get some painting done. I'll probably just limit myself to the cap today.
Peiper seems to be wearing some sort of overall with a fur collar. He had a tendency to wear Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe clothing, so that may be where it came from. The box art shows it as field grey.
Rain spoiled any chance of seeing the actual conjunction last night, so we are doubly glad we made the effort the night before.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter im lookin in also as it amazese me how you paint all the small detail like on the uniform badges an the hat badges you must use a very tiny an pointed brush an what size is this bust in inches please an in the futer when i get that far i may ask for your advise on painting my crew figures on my tiger an yes i know they are very small only 1/72 scale figures but id like to try an do a better job on these ones than i have on all my other figures on my ships before an may you have a nice xmas an new yr an your wife
chris

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Chris. The head from the flat top to the bottom of the neck is 20mm long. I use a Pro Arte Prolene Plus 0000 brush, which I've found to be the best suited to my needs. As for painting 1/72 figures, it's a different ball-game, and I'd recommend Tim Marlow's S Model Pak thread where he's putting together a superb guide to painting figures at such a small scale.

A Merry Christmas to you and yours.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris. The head from the flat top to the bottom of the neck is 20mm long. I use a Pro Arte Prolene Plus 0000 brush, which I've found to be the best suited to my needs. As for painting 1/72 figures, it's a different ball-game, and I'd recommend Tim Marlow's S Model Pak thread where he's putting together a superb guide to painting figures at such a small scale.

A Merry Christmas to you and yours.
CHEERS Peter for your reply
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the whole head but the stubble shadow is exceptional.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks people. Chris, the picture should enlarge if you click on it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks people. Chris, the picture should enlarge if you click on it.
yea i know peter but on windows 10 on my pc it cuts the pic down that why ive been tellin popeole to please post full size pics

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lovely work on this Peter.....keep it up. Rick H.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work at a steady pace, and plenty of time to enjoy the family antics and embrace the season too.

Its still grey and cold with poor light, so a steady pace seems to be all you will get for the moment.

I am working right up to 2pm tomorrow and will be almost on my own, digitally for the next 2 shifts.

Have fun with the tunic and hopefully feeling a little better

Regards

Steve H