Verlinden 200mm Joachim Peiper Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Chris - I'll try to remember.

Rick - Cheers.

Steve - Yes, quite enjoying the slower pace - plenty of times for other things. Went out for a drive yesterday and found all of the local roads and parking places full of channel traffic, poor people. They're not just parking on the M20 and at Manston, but anywhere they can find a space, so the area is clogging up. Hope work is quiet and that you have a bit of time to gaze out of the window at our strangely changed world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Finished:

100_9192.JPG100_9195.JPG100_9191.JPG

The torso today, and I decided to paint the overalls with Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform, and the fur collar with mixes of Flat Earth and Flat Flesh.

This was a delight to paint, one of Verlinden's best in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Peter. Your trademark sharp detailing and excellent colour transitions are very much in evidence. I may steal that fur mix if you have no objections ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What did we expect.

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Many thanks. The face actually has more colour too it, but for some reason the photography has bleached it out.

Tim - '' Steal away baby, steal away.'' (Any excuse to get in a Led Zep reference). Many thanks.

John - Cheers.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Merry Christmas Peter. A fitting way to start the festive period with another outstanding PDiddy bust. Beautiful work as always.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Beautiful work Peter, just beautiful. I too love the fur finish and well, the whole color palette you use!!!

Now I guess the 64,000 pound question is.............." How Many More Times" will you finish a figure or bust in three days or less??? I just can't keep up with your work..........................

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Many thanks and Noel.

Allen - Working wet-on-wet has to be a fairly speedy process. I was planning on another day for this, but it looks like the cooks of the house will be in occupation of my work space (kitchen table) for most of tomorrow, Christmas Eve. I'd better stay out of the kitchen otherwise I risk being Trampled Under Foot.

Steve - Thank you.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Amen Peter, but then again, you could just run Over The Hills and Far Away from it.....................

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well done and a super finish whist not at 100% too.

Its going to be a fun day for you with the "work bench" being taken over.

Time to think about your next projects and enjoy all the final fun and games before the big day.

It looks like a clear and bright day, hopefully a little quieter than yesterday too!

I might get to look out of the home office window and actually see something today, and it could be light snow, according to the BBC!!

Have a good day and a very Merry Christmas to you and to all the family

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Allen - I'll probably just join in with the Celebration Day.

Steve - I may just try and secure a corner of the table to prep my next bust. - I've got hold of something from Mitches which excites me. A gloomy day here in Kent and the roads are busy with Channel traffic looking for a place to park up - weird times. Hope you have an easy shift and eventually get to have an evening of mulled wine, mince pies and bad TV. A Happy Christmas to you and yours.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter.

As always a most excellent finish. I hope you have a good time over the festive period.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thanks. Following in your footsteps with my next one. Anon.....

Andrew - Many thanks. I hope you and yours have a Happy Christmas.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Excellent. As good as it gets. Have a nice Christmas and I hope the new year is kind to you - lets be honest it could hardly be worse.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Jim. Things are pretty bad at the moment aren't they? Here's hoping 2021 does see some improvements. Have a great Christmas.