Verlinden 200mm Sharpe Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well done, great finish but I still think he looks like Rutger Hauer in the Ostermann Weekend!

I am sure we all have a tale to tell about how we came back to the hobby, but Ronin?

Perhaps one day?

Good to hear you feel you are back on form again, what could be next?

It looks like a clear bright day with an overnight frost for tomorrow, so there could be some good light today?

I keep looking longingly at my desk in the dinning room, perhaps I might be able to do some lap-tray modelling soon?

Have a good day with your new project, better light and the family.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Rutger Hauer will do. In Ronin Jean Reno takes a wounded Robert De Nero to a dodgy doctor, played by Michael Lonsdale. Londsdale happens to be a figure modeller and is engaged in building a huge diorama depicting the tale of the 47 Ronin, a link with the activities of the gang in the film. It inspired me to see if the Tamiya figures were still available, and the rest is history.

Next, off to Mexico.......

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter.
Missed this completely !!!! I shan't bother to sit down then , just pack a case if we are off to Mexico ?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Neil - Ashamed to say that I've never watched an episode of Sharpe. Not a big SB fan. Quite liked him in Ronin though (the film that got me back into the hobby).

Lovely job as always , Peter.

Don't be put off the Sharpe books by the SB TV series, Peter. The books are WAAAAAAY better , and no SB if you don't want him in your head.
He was originally going to be played by Paul McGann, but he broke his leg and SB was brought in at the last minute.
I was lucky enough to read the books before the series was made , so in my mind's eye Sharpe has always been more like Jason Isaacs in 'Civvies'( anybody remember that?)
1576485031870.png
And the Master and Commander film, whilst actually superb, didn't really do full justice to the books of Patrick O'Brian , which are even better than the Sharpe series.
I recommend them both.

Knowing you, I presume you've long-since binned the Tamiya Ronin figures........ :rolling: ?
are there any pictures?

Off to Mexico , then , is it?
cheers
Neil

D

Deleted member 6559

John - You're excused for missing this. It was pretty quick.

Neil - I didn't imagine that the books would have been done justice - they rarely are. I will check them out. I've read Mark Urban's history Rifles which is pretty good. Of course we're in Rifle-land here in Kent, as they were based near Hythe. This is the memorial on the banks of the Royal Military Canal:

351976-riflemen-sculpture-hythe-heritage-trail.jpeg

Yes, I'm afraid the Tamiya figures went to model heaven long ago. No pictures.

download (32).jpgdownload (31).jpg

Too small for me to attempt these days, but I'm always drawn to them when I see the pictures.

Mexico bust coming up......

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning result Mr Day. Glad to see you are back in the groove