Verlinden 200mm Vietnam Airborne

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

OK Greg. Pretty funny about the patch as I was sure that you would say that it should be subdued!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really excellent Peter my friend.
It certainly paints up so well with your skilled hands.Like all the colour tones you have created.Some nice references from.Greg.
Great stuff
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Richard. I've had a blast.

He's done:

100_2643.JPG100_2645.JPG100_2646.JPG100_2647.JPG100_2644.JPG100_2642.JPG

I decided against attempting the lettering on the grenades as there was just no way I would have been able to do it well enough by hand - I'll keep my eye out for some decals rather than spoil the whole thing.

I was anticipating having trouble fitting the M16 and right arm, but they slotted into place without a struggle. The only problem was that the magazine wouldn't fit into the space available, so I put it in his left hand. The rifle sling was made from paper, thin card, wire and metal foil.

Many thanks again to Richard for sending this to me. It's been a very enjoyable project.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
FANTASTIC PAINT.. Palette perfect the face expression is SPOT ON

R

RichardMo

i have the bust version of this figure it is a nice bust (except the helmet is (misshaped) putty and fixed. your version is a great mix of greens, but your comment about accuracy vs art really caught my eye. I feel it is the painters opinion to paint it the way they want with no consequences. I mean if we were doing this for a job them yes accuracy is a factor. but a hobby is what we make it . so cudos for saying that.
RICK.
should be back at the table with a new project soon looking forward to getting back to painting

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Absolutely stunning. Certainly one of you best. If you put a 1 35 figure next to it how high up would it come? Knee cap, waist??

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Very many thanks.

Rick - I suppose it's a personal thing. I try to be as accurate as possible, but I will often help a figure along with a bit of exaggerated colour, or whatever, if I think it calls for it. As long as the thing feels right.

Steve. Glad you like him. There's a size comparison shot on page 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
So there is. I'm glad you spotted it. Many thanks:smiling:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - He's a big 'un.

Andy - Thanks. Pleased-ish. You know how it is.....

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Superb Peter

A later start today and its on page 3 already!

Off to find your new one

Regards

Steve H

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Back just in time to see this one finished and its brilliant Peter. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Lewes, my other half's dad lives near there so we call occasionally for a pint of 'Ouse Water'

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Mick. Lewes is at the weekend as are record temperatures, Brighton Pride and closure of the M20. Joy.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
One of your best. It must be impressive to see for real.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Peter. It looks better reduced down in the photos to be honest.