Verlinden US Infantry Desert Storm

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
Another great figure, I don't know why you doubt yourself your figures are always superb mate.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much chaps. I guess I was feeling a bit tired and emotional after struggling up close with this beastie for hours in failing light. Looks a bit better after a couple of hours kip with the dog (not sure I do!).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Super work on the camo, and with poor light too, well done.

Its going to be dull for awhile, perhaps a natural light bulb or would than aggravate your eyes?

Off to town to find some fine mesh sieves for our bird feeders.

We are getting nightly visits from an urban fox, so I need to reduce the fall out from the bird feeders, just in case the fox is eating the bits.

Hope you get some quality painting done.

After the harnesses and equipment, the camo is going to be less visible, even if you feel its not as good as it really is.

Have a good weekend

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

The camo at the front will virtually disappear under the equipment, so that's a bonus! The light's better today, but yes, I need to invest in a strong daylight bulb, especially as the normal daylight is limited at this time of year.

I had a visit from a fox last year in full daylight. I was sitting painting by an open window, and there he was, six feet away. We stared at eachother for a while, then he trotted off. Love em, lovely creatures.. Hope the shopping trip produces results.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi peter
I'm away for a few days and another one almost done. Usual stunning quality.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

I am carrying on John. Just spent a couple of hours playing with the pebble dots on the trousers, and I think I'm close to madness. It's the sort of thing you could go on adjusting forever - trying to make it look more random, but not untidy. Time to leave it alone now and move on to the next stage.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The camo is well wicked.

Has your "playing" kept you happy?

It really is a super job, which I can fully appreciate as I am struggling to paint a 1:35 basic green uniform on the Yemen tank crew!

I need to get back into the swing of painting again!

Hopefully a refreshing nights sleep has given you a fresh view of your work.

If you cant see it, can I just say, it's damned good work.

Have a good day with the paints, another grey and wet day, but it is Autumn!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Not looking quite so bad this morning, though there are a couple of dots at the back that I need to move around. Not happy with it - I was never any good at copying patterns - but hopefully it won't be the focus of the figure.

The light at this time of year really limits painting activity, so early starts and lots of small steps.

My son is shooting his film for his Film Studies A-level at the moment. He's emptied the conservatory and turned it into a 'psychiatric ward' for a session with his mates as actors this PM. Chaos ensues.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Ralph.

Bit of a rollercoaster this one - keeps nearly being binned.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
.. Peter it's absolutely fantastic.. don't bin it..the weathering is stunning... (the choco-chip camo is really annoying to do).. :smiling: