Verlinden US Infantry Desert Storm

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Don't worry Greg, I'll keep going. The trouble is that this is taking a lot of work to get each stage done and I get sick of the sight of it after so many hours. It's about knowing when to stop and put it away for the night. I hate doing camo, but chocolate chip is the worst.

I've now put him on a base and extended the weathering slightly up the body. Hopefully should get it finished tomorrow.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Glad it didn't get binned. I think that is a cracking result on what was a difficult figure to paint.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I know its been a real pain in the rse getting this one finished, but I'm so glad you did. Its a real credit to your painting skills. Great stuff sir. Can't wait till you do an Iraqi 2000 campaign US figure with the digital camo LOL

Last edited:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
YES YES DIGITAL CAMO.... can't wait

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Peter I'm so glad it didn't get binned a brilliant finish, if you ever bin one I'm sure you could throw it in my bin in Surrey :smiling5:, but seriously very well done.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers people.

I'm glad I didn't bin it, but the finish on the camo niggles. I've got the Tamiya US Infantryman in desert uniform to finish and will probably get on with that next. The camo is the simpler later pattern (pre-digital!) and should be easier to do.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm another that is glad that you kept going Peter, standing back is the best thing to do at times, coming back the next day seems to lessen the part that was annoying you. There are times when you know that, it ain't right , ( sorry an up date on the tablet has removed inverted commas , why you may ask ? but that's modern, so not needed according to some cool tech person )
And it has to go.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Superb camo especially the pants.

Off to find you new project

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Steve.

The chocolate chip isn't quite right as my tendency is to try and make it tidier than it is in reality. I also wished I'd done it a little more faded. May repaint it at some point in the future.