very discoraged

S

shanks

hello all well i orderd my trumpeter king tiger awhile ago saw it was on sale i just got it yesterday and i opened it and my heart sank its not the one i wanted this one has no steel barrel no metal drive wheel now iwas so upset last night my heart wasn't into building this beast ,but a new day is here and i 'm thinking can i get a metal barrel for this model and other non plastic parts to make it better ,and if so where do i get these parts i live in Canada and i bought the model from the states and don't want to pay another 90.00 bucks to send it back would love some help with this

Mike

D

David MAdsen

I would suggest Welcome to Great Models Webstore. They have a huge variety of accessories and they may have what you want. If they don't have what you're looking for in stock, you can at least use it as a reference and search ebay.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Hello metal parts don't make the kit half the time if you build them right once painted you can't tell the difference

I've seen some modellers who have these after Market kits. They must spend large amounts on these items and with the kits not been cheap either really are they worth it

That's my little rant done!! Sorry

John

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bunkerbarge

I'm with John, don't fall into the trap of thinking that a metal part is better. Taking a tank gun barrel for instance, it may be easier to get it perfectly true but that is not to say that you can't with the plastic part. It might just take a little bit more effort. The plus side is also that there is a lot more self satisfaction in knowing that you have made the kit yourself rather than someone else has done all the work for you on a lathe.

I also agree that when it is all painted up you shouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

S

shanks

Thanks guys started on the beast yesterday and have the road wheels and a few other parts together so now onto the chassie ..looks like a lot of filling to do i used squadron green putty and boy with the heat here it drys fast so i was going to do the zimm on the tank but i thing that the squadron putty would dry to fast so what other putty would you guys recomend ...

A

andygh

Milliput or similar epoxy putty for zimmerit

I normally take a look at the plastic parts before deciding on whether to get aftermarket replacements, 9 out of 10 times I'm quite happy with the plastic barrel and only about a third of my models have added PE

L

lemoff

I think that you need something to get you started. Once on the way however, it will take something to stop one!! I dont know much about photo etched parts but i am sure that you can match that with sweat and will power (he says knowing that i need to sort out stuff for my tank before i can say it is finished!!)

:D